lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2017, 01:46 AM   #1
charlesnqd
Not Yet Wild

Default TXT does not pull vacuum on line to fuel pump

Ok, I have hooked up a manual pump to the fuel pump and ensured that the fuel pump actually pumps fuel. I then depressed the pedal while holding a finger on the line from the crankcase. Little to no vacuum felt. Hooking it back up you can see that no fuel is flowing into the filter when pressing the pedal. All hoses replaced as well as fuel filter and the pump.

I am not getting vacuum on that line. There are NO oil leaks anywhere and the cart does not use oil. It can't be the crank seals. The motor was rebuilt 6 months ago so it's not like it's old. Spray carb cleaner in the carb and it fires up and drives but will not pull fuel into the filter so it dies a few seconds later. Has been running great. until now.

Any thoughts before I just put in an electric fuel pump?

Last edited by charlesnqd; 01-14-2017 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: typo
charlesnqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2017, 08:02 AM   #2
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT does not pull vacuum on line to fuel pump

Try running on a remote tank mounted up high,it will have enough gravity to run the machine.
That would be my first step.
I have seen seals pop out on new motors.
Strange things can happen, make sure it's still running right.
Seaquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:07 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If the motor was rebuilt recently I would check your valve clearance. If the valves are not closing completely it can reak havoc on crankcase pressure. Look here http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...djustment.html
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:13 AM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Let's backup a minute. First you say no oil leaks like it is a 4 stroke, and then you mention crankshaft seals as if it's a 2 stroke. Which is it?

If it's a 2 stroke, and there is no pressure on the pulse hole, it is a popped seal. Did it backfire, or pop just before it started doing this?
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #5
charlesnqd
Not Yet Wild

It is a 4 stroke and no it didn't backfire. Running an alternate fuel tank and the cart runs great. It could be the valve adjustments. The rebuild was about 5 months ago and I could see possibly that being a potential problem.
charlesnqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Before we get too deep here, you are aware that is actually a pulse line, right? It will alternate between a tiny amount of vacuum and a tiny amount of pressure. You may not feel much vacuum by putting your finger over it. Make sure that pulse line doesn't have enough slack in it to allow oil to collect in the line. Make sure the pickup in the tank is connected and clear of any debris that might clog it
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #7
Babyboy70363
Not Yet Wild

Any updates? I have a 2004 that's behaving (or misbehaving) the same way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Babyboy70363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:41 AM   #8
GLENN COOPER
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Come on guys did you just quit posting or did you run out of answers? We need help here with this. I have a 2001 EZGO shuttle 6 that is doing the same thing. No fuel is going through the filter to the fuel pump. New fuel pump and new hoses; no results. I feel vacuum and blowing from the crankcase but still no fuel. What could be wrong? Someone out there should know what is going on. Do I need to pull the engine and rebuild it so the new seals will make sure I have no leaks in the crankcase? I am desperate to this point.
GLENN COOPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:13 AM   #9
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Glenn, yours is a 4 stroke. Your seals are not as important like in a 2 stroke.

The first thing you should do is adjust your valves. After that, check your pickup tube in the gas tank. Check the vent on your gas cap. You should also prime the fuel line, and filter so the pump doesn't have to work as hard.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:51 AM   #10
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
Glenn, yours is a 4 stroke. Your seals are not as important like in a 2 stroke.

The first thing you should do is adjust your valves. After that, check your pickup tube in the gas tank. Check the vent on your gas cap. You should also prime the fuel line, and filter so the pump doesn't have to work as hard.
Never messed with these pulse pumps, but after looking at mine I see the line runs into the crankcase next to the dipstick tube. just above the PCV valve. Now the PVC is hooked to the air box witch is pulling a vacuum on the crankcase by way of the carb. the vacuum at the carb is created by the piston moving down as the intake valve is open.

So put your fingers over the carb opening and crank engine. If the carb tries to suck your fingers in, I would think its not valve adjustment.

I would look at the line going from the PCV valve to air box.

Makes sense, in my mind anyway? Let us know what you find.
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO