lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #1
Rsk0125
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 clays cart rpm's and smaller belt

Hey all...I am new on here and short on knowledge. I am searching for information what is the redline for rpm's on my robins 350cc engine. I was told it is equipped with the heavy duty 42 inch belt with heavy duty driven clutch. I replaced my 20x10x10s with 23x12x10's and want to turn up the rpm's to help with a little more speed to off set any torque I might have lost. But I don't want to blow up my engine. Any and all help would be appreciated.

I have also read putting on a smaller belt will help with torque, what belt would be used? If I need to provide more information let me know and I will provide it.

Thx
Rsk0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #2
Rsk0125
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2003 clays cart rpm's and smaller belt

Hello...ant thoughts or suggestions from my request for information?
Old 03-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #3
clr.R4tch3t
Getting Wild

Smaller belt will lower top speed, but that may be enough offset the tires being taller. From what I hear you want to stay under 4,000 rpm to avoid valve float. Any higher and you are going to need a little engine building. I am a 2-stroke guy, this is all just info I have learned from reading this forum. The info is out there, you just have to do a few days of reading and research. Good luck.
clr.R4tch3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:12 PM   #4
Rsk0125
Not Yet Wild

Thx...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO