lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2017, 09:31 PM   #11
Crazy bob
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: does anyone ever answer question? or am i just confusing people here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.SHIFT View Post
The very slight up and down movement is def coming from king pin. Not wheel bearing, I'm going to change shocks for sure then go from there. So with the passenger side body sitting a few inches higher then drivers side would it indicate driver side shock is blown? Or rear leaf spring as was mentioned earlier?

Yes,Change shocks first and if it's a lot better grease bearings and snug back up. i always snug them and back of a 1/4" for carter pin to line up.
Crazy bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2017, 08:13 PM   #12
N.SHIFT
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: does anyone ever answer question? or am i just confusing people here?

i switched shocks around. switched front left for right and rear left for right. passenger front end still bounces off the ground with very minimal effort. rear leaf springs seem good. i don't see any bends or breakage anywhere. if i stand on driver side rear foot rest and bounce up and down gently, passenger side front tire lifts off the ground. if i bounce pretty hard up and down on passenger side rear foot rest, the driver side front tire doesn't even think about lifting off the ground. I cant help but to think the tire lifting off the ground is related to my bad sway problem. I think i may have a bad tie rod (the one that goes from tire to tie). Im going to change both but i cant see that being related to the front passenger tire coming off the ground. May help with the sway tho... the king pin play is up and down around 1/8 inch at the most. no play in the tire at 9 and 3 oclock and 12 and 6 oclock. im lost with this thing.
N.SHIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #13
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Faught View Post
It sounds to me like the frame is tweaked.
And I think it's actually broken. Somewhere.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:04 AM   #14
country1982country
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I am having almost the exact same problem on an ez-go st I am thinking that the front axel or king pin or spindle is bent I have the option of taking one part at a time from another cart that is not leaning until I find the bent part nothing is bent to the point of seeing it on visiual inspection and I spent over an hr with a tape measure trying to find what was bent when I go to work tomorrow that is the first project I intend on fixing so I will let you know what I find on my cart and hopefully it will help you with yours
country1982country is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO