lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2018, 10:19 AM   #11
Frenchie2958@live.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2 stroke gas ezgo 1990 sluggish no power

I took the belt off . the rear clutch I cannot move . the one on the motor I can push front plate in the direction of motor easily does that mean it’s wasted if so where can I get new one
Frenchie2958@live.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #12
Frenchie2958@live.com
Not Yet Wild

I took the belt off . the rear clutch I cannot move . the one on the motor I can push front plate in the direction of motor easily does that mean it’s wasted if so where can I get new one
Old 04-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #13
Frenchie2958@live.com
Not Yet Wild

Checking clutch es the one on the motor with the belt off I can easily grab the whole out side metal cup and move it towards motor without much resistance . The driven clutch I Campbell either plate in a twisting motion easily by holding rear plate and turning front plate is this rite
Old 04-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #14
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

You have a 3-pg 2 stroke.

I believe that your belt goes front to back, which means your clutches are sideways.

The drive clutch is attached to the engine.
The plate closest to the engine is part of the starter pulley. It should not move.
The big cup should move easily by hand. Yours sounds like it is ok.

When the engine spins, they close together, and the belt rides all the way to the top.

The driven clutch is attached to the axle. You should not be able to squeeze those plates together.

You should have no wobble on the driven clutch. I did not understand what you were trying to say about the driven clutch.

HOW WIDE IS YOUR BELT?
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:30 AM   #15
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

These 3 pictures are my old driven clutch. It is junk.
You can see how the plates are straight in the first pic. The other 2 show them angled when I squeeze them together. Can you do this?

If not, we look for other problems.

You should lube the shaft where the spring is with a graphite lube.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg normal clutch.jpg (141.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg clutch squeezed 1.jpg (123.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg clutch squeezed 2.jpg (155.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #16
Frenchie2958@live.com
Not Yet Wild

I cannot locate pictures Iam a sixty year old guy. Not real good with these sites trying to do things rite don’t mean to upset anyone
Old 04-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #17
Frenchie2958@live.com
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
Reed valves are check valves. They either work, or don't work. Your engine is running. I would say they are working.

105 psi compression is good enough.

How wide is your drive belt? inch, and three sixteenths is new. (1-3/16"). Anything less than an inch is junk.

Grab the front plate on your driven clutch. Try to wiggle it side to side. It should not move.
Remove the belt first. Grab both plates with one hand, and try to squeeze them together. They should not move.

If the front plate wobbles side to side on the shaft, it is junk.
I can not squeeze the plates together on my driven clutch or move the front plate side to side seems tight belt measures 11/8. I can not locate pictures here u said I sent

Last edited by Frenchie2958@live.com; 04-14-2018 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Answer questions
Old 04-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #18
Frenchie2958@live.com
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie2958@live.com View Post
I can not squeeze the plates together on my driven clutch or move the front plate side to side seems tight belt measures 11/8. I can not locate pictures here u said I sent
Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
You have a 3-pg 2 stroke.

I believe that your belt goes front to back, which means your clutches are sideways.

The drive clutch is attached to the engine.
The plate closest to the engine is part of the starter pulley. It should not move.
The big cup should move easily by hand. Yours sounds like it is ok.

When the engine spins, they close together, and the belt rides all the way to the top.

The driven clutch is attached to the axle. You should not be able to squeeze those plates together.

You should have no wobble on the driven clutch. I did not understand what you were trying to say about the driven clutch.

HOW WIDE IS YOUR BELT?
I found your pics th u my belt is 11/8” I cannot Squeeze e plates together on my driven clutch or move front plate side to side what I am sure of is the cart is going straight to high gear or stuck in high gear because it runs great until u put it under a load than u can hear motor laboring(trying to drive up small hills) and engine rpm drop severely and speed drops to like8-10 miles a hour than as soon as u hit level ground it picks up slowly
Old 04-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #19
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Your belt is good.

Your clutches sound ok, but may need to be lubed with graphite.

Before you put the belt back on, push the cart to see if it rolls fairly easily. That will check to see if the brakes are dragging.

I'm going to bed for work. Maybe someone else can think of other things to check before you buy any parts.

Is your governor connected?

Is your throttle opening all the way?

Maybe the clutch spring is weak, I don't know. Maybe the engine really is weak. Don't buy anything until we know for sure.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #20
Frenchie2958@live.com
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie2958@live.com View Post
I have replaced fuel pump fuel lines and carburetor. I had to replace needle and seat in new carburetor because it was flooding (no rubber on needle valve) cart runs but very sluggish should I clean new carb or check reed valves? R the reed valves something I can clean or is strictly remove and replace my phone# 248 431 4144 mike (frustrated). Mixed fuel at 100 to 1 as instruted
Would some one plz answer my questions on my clutch issues question 1 when I take belt off cart should I be able to easily push drive clutch main housing twards motor? 2 question my cart is sticking in high gear and not moving to a lower gear when it’s under a load ( such as driving up a small incline) my belt is measuring 11/8, do I need to replace drive clutch or driven clutch or both? When I put cart on blocks I can see front clutch closing all the way (belt comes to top), rear clutch opens and belt is at bottom of rear clutch

Tags
reeds or carburetor?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO