lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #1
RussChastain
Not Yet Wild

Default ST4x4 governor/idle Problems

I need governor adjust help and pics of original spring setups for ST4x4.

I have just finished doing a ton of work on an ST4x4 I picked up last month, and unfortunately I can’t get it to run properly. There’s little to no response from the accelerator pedal. A light touch to the governor arm under the seat will cause a huge response - either revving way too high or stalling out.

The governor spring looks too new to be original and I believe it’s a hardware-store spring that someone rigged up. Can someone please post pics of how the governor and spring ought to look? And the carb spring setup also?

There’s a spring that pulls on the throttle plate lever of the Honda engine carb. That spring was mangled when I got it. When I pulled the front shroud off the engine, there was a new spring up under there! So I’m using it, but it almost seems too strong. ????

I’m pretty frustrated, I’ve poured a pile of time and effort into this machine, and more than a little money. Any help is greatly appreciated!
RussChastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO