lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2019, 08:21 AM   #1
jacobsond
Getting Wild

Default well now thats better

New rings and rod bearings and the G9 sounds and runs better than it ever has. The old ring end gap was twice what the new ones are. The new rod bearings got rid of the little knock that it has had since we got the cart 4 yrs or so ago. Very simple job. You just need a few simple hand tools and of course a torque wrench. Its hard to believe that the cylinder measured within .004 of new so I just went standard parts.
Now I need a few simple performance mods. Not really going to be an off road rig. Gravel road maybe the occasional dirt road and grass. Lift kit maybe,but not really needed. Maybe a speed spring? Maybe a different spring in the secondary? A little better tires in the rear for better traction?
jacobsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2019, 09:03 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: well now thats better

What kind of power and speed are you trying to achieve?

What will you be doing with the cart?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:21 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

A good start would be a tach and zip tying the governor.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:47 AM   #4
jacobsond
Getting Wild

I really dont need much more speed. A little quicker throttle response would be ok. I don't want to bypass the governor because the son in laws might drive it and well you know. I would like a little better low end torque. I will be driving on mostly gravel roads some dirt roads and grass. Not much for hills around here. From what I have read the speed spring gives you more speed and better throttle response. The spring on the secondary will give you better low end. Im not sure if that is an inexpensive way to start. This cart has been a pavement queen since we got it. The wife has the 2009 electric Club Car for that now. I get the G9. I need to start slow on the mods to keep the cost under the radar until BAM you spent how much for a lift kit and tires.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:55 AM   #5
grantspec
Getting Wild

Did you hone the cylinder or just put in new rings?
grantspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:03 PM   #6
jacobsond
Getting Wild

I did not have a good hone available so I just put in the rings. The cylinder looked good with no grooves or marks.Just hopeing for the best.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:12 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If you aren't looking to spend a lot of money, try the red power spring in the secondary clutch. If you have a few more bucks, call Don Plowman at Plowman's Carts, he's listed in the sponsors page. He's a Yamaha guru and has what you need. He can help you jet the carb and do some airbox mods as well, that will give you some more power. He also does head porting and other engine work, but that's getting into some bucks.

Now, don't expect big power differences with these mods, you're engine will still be stock. To get more power than what Plowman's can do for you, you'll need an engine swap.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha