lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2019, 06:57 PM   #1
Bugz1991
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Threw a push rod

All was well with the cart when I parked it for the day yesterday. Went out this morning no start. Cranked, but no go. Started trouble shooting based on the helpful knowledge of this forum and discovered I had thrown a push rod. Fished out the rod, put it back in its seat and adjusted valves per the Owners Manual of .004”. Put er back together and she fired right up.
Question: do the valves go out of adjustment easily? Or Did I happen to float a valve by over reving. I haven’t checked but I don't think the governor has been bypassed.
Bugz1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2019, 07:04 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Threw a push rod

How frequently have you adjusted the valves in the past? Chances are they were just so far out of spec (loose) it just fell out.

If you were in the habit of adjusting them somewhat regularly (once per year is plenty sufficient) you may have something bigger going on, especially if it falls out again.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
Bugz1991
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
How frequently have you adjusted the valves in the past? Chances are they were just so far out of spec (loose) it just fell out.

If you were in the habit of adjusting them somewhat regularly (once per year is plenty sufficient) you may have something bigger going on, especially if it falls out again.
Your probably right about just being out of adjustment. Cart was serviced by the PO October 2018. Servicing did not include valve clearance check or adjustment. From what I've learned so far from this forum, a valve adjustment would be one thing that a service department would or should do or at least recommend. The PO took it in twice a year for service, but their service special did not include valve adjustment.
Hopefully it won't happen again.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:15 AM   #4
Godfather
Getting Wild

Just for a point of reference...Do I to assume it is the 1991 G5A Sun Classic in your signature line?
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #5
Bugz1991
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Just for a point of reference...Do I to assume it is the 1991 G5A Sun Classic in your signature line?
Yes it is!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha