lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2020, 06:14 PM   #1
pech33
Not Yet Wild

Default Oil Leaking G22

2005 G-22 gasser that is leaking oil. 5 weeks sitting, one quart on the ground. Replaced the pan gasket two years ago, started leaking over last summer. Changed the plug gasket to a genuine Yamaha gasket, seemed ok. Just got back and the pan is empty, the garage floor is a mess. Any ideas? Could that pan gasket have gone bad that quickly? I bought it new and change the oil at least once a season (6months). I have had issues with the drain plug gasket in the past.

Am considering just getting the new 402 from Plowmans or buying one of his reman engines with the Hot Setup. My gas cart is grandfathered at my golf club and I am one of the few gas carts left (I'm a rebel). Don't want to buy a new cart.
pech33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Oil Leaking G22

Well, since none of the yamaha engines have a removable "oil pan", I'm not sure what your describing to have changed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:13 PM   #3
pech33
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Oil Leaking G22

Well the pan is on the side of engine so it is more like a "dish" I guess. It appears that it is still coming from the drain plug. It runs great but leaks, I just talked to Don Plowman and am putting in a 402 Yamaha. I will sell this engine.
pech33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha