lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2020, 07:28 PM   #1
Raycee
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Unhappy Raycee

Can anyone tell me what year my G1 gas cart is, serial No J32-011179, all the list for G1's stop at J31 then go to j38 for G2 ?
Raycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2020, 01:44 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Raycee

Yep, yamaha says it doesnt exist (I did "cut & paste" from your post).. well, I can look further into this.. (the "red out" part is our yamaha dealer number, which is "nunya business").
To be honest, I'm probably not gonna dig the microfiche system out of its grave for this, if my paper books & software cant find, I'm not gonna dig up that dinosaur. We'll see what I can find. If you have knowledge of microfiche, you understand why I dont want to resurrect that retired monster. (But it is where I started).

Well, maybe if there's enough interest, I might try to digitally archive it. That's a ton of "after hours" work to do. And I do have many car projects (plus a lady & daughter) for after work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200310_234255.jpg (108.1 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:09 AM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raycee View Post
Can anyone tell me what year my G1 gas cart is, serial No J32-011179, all the list for G1's stop at J31 then go to j38 for G2 ?
I don't see a location for you? are you in Australia by chance? I ask because I think another member from down under posted a similar serial number awhile back
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:29 PM   #4
Raycee
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hey Mikeasis thanks for reply, yes i am in Aussie Land and i have that manual, so it's still a G1 as far as ordering parts, all good
Old 03-15-2020, 06:40 PM   #5
Raycee
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for looking into it CGtech you know your stuff, i don't, the serial No is correct as it's stamped on chassis and matches number on motor, anyway not that important the parts i have bought for G1 are fitting. I seem to find things that doesn't happen to other people.Look Forward and Beyond!
Old 03-16-2020, 03:26 PM   #6
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Im wondering if the G1 was available in Australia longer than here or if the serial requirements were a little different??

The G1 wasn't changed much over the years, heck the G3 sun classic used the same drive train as the G1

For the G1 here the only real noticeable differences were:
the 79-81 J10 brake shoes were weird with a wedge style adjuster and the engine cases only has the one port for the fuel pump, fiberglass front clip and old stlye solenoids.

of course the 82 J17 was the odd ball engine with low compression, different intake, exhaust, head, and cylinder. the J17 carb was a little different but would work on all other years. With the 82 J17 came the new style solenoids, brake shoes, brake adjusters, the adjustable starter/ generator belt tensioner and the engine cradle limiter cable. this was also around the time the front clip became plastic and the hinged body support was strengthened with additional braces.

the only real change for 83 and later was the second port on the engine case for the addition of the boost bottle.

I think the muffler had some variations over the years but all swap directly but the 82 with some mods. I do belive the differential had some variations over the years as well but axles, tubes and the assemblies where all interchangeable.

I would bet your cart uses all 83 and later parts
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yamaha g1 what year is it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha