lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2020, 03:33 PM   #1
racermpn
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G2 governer problem

Ok so let me start by saying my cart was running fine and it tore up a belt, turns out the secondary clutch broke and thats why the belt tore up. Since than I have changed the whole secondary clutch with one of the ones off ebay and belt. Now when it runs it revs up and get on the governer multiple times. the governor keeps moving the cable in and out. I thought it was the throttle cable, but changed it and it does the same thing. The screw has always been all the way in since I got it. I backed it out halfway and it helped a little but the cart is sooo slow now. I something wrong with the governer?? Thanks
racermpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2020, 05:31 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 governer problem

Nope, china clutch & belt.

The operation of the governor sounds perfectly normal. (Especially if testing with the rear wheels off the ground)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:17 PM   #3
racermpn
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I bought the kit with the red torque spring....I had originally bought just the black torque spring about 8 years ago and its been fine. Do you think its the spring or the whole clutch. I have the old one just all the bushings and seals came out of one side. Should i just buy that piece and go from there... the thing i noticed is that the new piece is all aluminum and the old piece was steel....Thats crazy that its the new clutch doing that... is that a common problem??
Old 07-31-2020, 06:50 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I've never tried an ebay clutch, I've always used genuine Yamaha secondary clutches. I have heard that the China made clutches are not very good. Not sure if it's the design, the metal used, or the finish on the sheave face. Not saying that's your problem, just pointing out that the $99 clutch sets are cheap imitations of the real deal. I've never had a problem with a Yamaha clutch.

Some of the original Yami clutches had a steel outer sheave (moveable sheave). Not sure why, because the aluminum ones work much better IMO. I believe the aluminum movable sheave dissipates heat better? The steel ones rust, so that's one issue. I think I have a couple laying around here from upgrades. Not sure they are worth anything really.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:24 AM   #5
racermpn
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I just ordered the bushing and seals to fix my old one. hopefully that solves it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha