lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
dconley1964
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 97 PD+ Regen 1 potentiometer issue

good morning all,

Try as I might to sell my problem to someone else, I'm apparently the only person stupid enough to jump on it. Therefore, I'm going to fix it, no mater what the cost. The moror is in good condition. The computer is on order, the controller conversion kit is in the mail, and I recently received the new potentiometer assy (not V-glide). I know that I received the correct assemble, but it appears that someone in the past either converted or atempted to convert it to a V-glide. There is a shaft connected to the gas pedal that terminates at the battery compartment. There is no sign of a potentiometer assy of any style any place. I would love to convert it back to the proper configuration (pot assy in line with the accelerator shaft) but I have had no luck tracking down the actuator lever that completes the linkage. Then I considered creating a hybrid with the existing V-glide shaft. One thing is bothering me. Having never seen this assembly in place and in use, I can only guess as to its operation based on the exploded views. in the parts manual. The actuator lever has a raised flat side that I assume is for pressing the micro-switch. The other side of the lever has what liik like 2 gear teeth. I believe that these catch the fork assy attached to the shaft of the pot. Here's what I don't understand. If my assessment is correct, then this pot will never be rotated more than 1/3. I don't see any possible way that you would get a 0 to 5k effective range from it. I also ohmed ot out to see if it was a 15k pot but it is a 5k. Could someone shed light on this mess for me. I should have my computer and controller be the end of the week and I'd like to be ready for them. Thanks!!!!!
dconley1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 97 PD+ Regen 1 potentiometer issue

Check out this website and see if this helps:

http://www.golfcartsonline.com/parts....php?catalog=1
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
dconley1964
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the quick response Xact1. I've ben to that site before looking for something else, but didn't hit it when I was searching for this part. The exploded view that displays for the accelerator assy is not the right one, but when I just searched for the part number that I need it popped right up. That site is at the top of my favorites now. All is right with the world again. Now I will be able to de-bastardize my accelrator and put it back to stock. I think that this may just turn out OK. Thanks again.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just out of curiosity, what is the part number? I'd like to see what it is that you were looking for.
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
dconley1964
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I attached a screen shot from the parts manual The part number is 1014700. I must have looked at 50 sites and all I could find was the pot and the pedal arm. Item 16 on the diagram is what I needed. It looks fairly simple, but if you look close there are several details that would have been hard to recreate from scratch.

97 CC PD+ R1.JPG
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car