lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #21
D-A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGo Brake Hub Question

Thanks guys! Appreciate all the advise! Will give it some more wire wheel time, use an awl between the splines and see if I can them to go on easier than not at all!
KGSC, you missed my post where I can't even get them started on the splines, wish I could get them close to the shoes without all this no go sh*t!
D-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2017, 09:41 PM   #22
MILLERTIME
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Could you have gotten the wrong hubs?
MILLERTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:06 AM   #23
D-A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I consider that a possibility! The site listed it as "EZGO Golf Cart Brake Drum 82+" They appear to be the same when I compare them to the old ones. Don't have a caliper to check the inner part where the splines go. Like I mentioned, I used a dremel lightly on the very ends of the stripped axle's splines and was able to get the new hub on about a 1/4" fairly easy, then it stops and would require banging to get on. Removing it took some force to pull off also! If these are wrong, what year cart would they go and are the splines on that year cart just a tad bit small in diameter that they would slide on? I guessing either my splines are a bit too damaged/worn or these new hub are made a bit too large because they are aftermarkets! The purchase site has 100% satisfaction with over 3000 sales. It is a golf cart named site, so I figure they deal with just golf cart items!
Old 06-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #24
D-A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Update, use awl, wire wheel and a bit of dremel again and success! Was able to push them on by hand without using a hammer! Used anti-seize, torqued down nut! Now on to adjusting brakes! Thanks all!
Old 06-21-2017, 12:06 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Next time get the Ausco super duty hub and be done with this problem for good
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:38 PM   #26
country1982country
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

glad you got it going
country1982country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:28 AM   #27
Bholy1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey scottyb, where can I find the Ausco super duty hub for my gas 2005 EZGO ST 2+2? I see electric options but where are the gas options? I tried the OEM and it lasted 3 months. Tried an after market and it didn't make it 8 blocks. I'm sure my 24hp Honda and 4" wheel spacers on the rear wheels aren't helping, but I'm hoping the Ausco option would take care of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bholy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO