lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2014, 10:59 PM   #11
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha Frame Repair

Yup...Buy stuff!!!I've always been one of those guys who makes money doing a job,then has bills to pay,so I always find a way to make-do with what I have instead of buying it.When we were racing Karts/Mini-Sprints in the mid-80s' there wasn't much around for parts,especially affordable stuff.We built a brand new 80cc Mini-Sprint,and my Brother was going to drive it.He weighed about 65lbs,so we had to make everything on the car heavy to make weight for the class.We bought a lathe,mill and a mig,and made ever single part,with no previous experience in those cars.We made the axles,spindles,radius-rods,hubs,nerf-bars,bumpers,shock-sliders,all the sheetmetal,wing,etc...Its' been like that ever since,I make everything,I don't even think about buying anymore.My Buddy walked out to my shop today to grab parts for his cart,and saw a Wheel-Dolly I built for pulling duals off heavy-trucks,he kept looking at it,and couldn't believe I built it,since it looks bought.And he knows my work.What can I say,I love doing it,this is what I want to do,and I'm trying to get there!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2014, 11:01 PM   #12
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
Yup...Buy stuff!!!I've always been one of those guys who makes money doing a job,then has bills to pay,so I always find a way to make-do with what I have instead of buying it.When we were racing Karts/Mini-Sprints in the mid-80s' there wasn't much around for parts,especially affordable stuff.We built a brand new 80cc Mini-Sprint,and my Brother was going to drive it.He weighed about 65lbs,so we had to make everything on the car heavy to make weight for the class.We bought a lathe,mill and a mig,and made ever single part,with no previous experience in those cars.We made the axles,spindles,radius-rods,hubs,nerf-bars,bumpers,shock-sliders,all the sheetmetal,wing,etc...Its' been like that ever since,I make everything,I don't even think about buying anymore.My Buddy walked out to my shop today to grab parts for his cart,and saw a Wheel-Dolly I built for pulling duals off heavy-trucks,he kept looking at it,and couldn't believe I built it,since it looks bought.And he knows my work.What can I say,I love doing it,this is what I want to do,and I'm trying to get there!
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:40 AM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I am glad i have never seen one that rusted here in the desert. I wouldnt fix it, i would strip it, sorry guys. Add more metal, make it "un killable". I have repaired some battery trays and some that were hit or "backup-fun" from the rear, but, jeez. I remember having fun in high school shop class "fixing" the security carts, the G2s were so crazy tough, im really fixing a few of them now. They really are that good (and really worn out). I guess we have too much non rusty.stuff here.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:26 AM   #14
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Being in the "salt-belt" we are pretty numb to rust.What is considered a rust bucket there,is a 5 yr.old car with a hole in the fender here.We just fix them,since our other alternative is to travel to places like Az.to get something mint.My cousins live in Phoenix,the last time they were here,he saw my 67' camaro and. was begging me to trade for a chevelle he had,he couldn't understand when I told him he would get laughed out of Az. If he brought it home,he finally looked at it up close and was stunned. Here,its just another project,it will get fixed and look like new.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:37 AM   #15
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm impressed is all, Mike. I do that as much as i can myself too. I call it survival.
Slamminsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:49 AM   #16
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Old 04-01-2014, 06:13 AM   #17
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

What a mess, but a mess you took care of.

Making stuff is what I enjoy doing as well. I just wish I were better at it. But I get by and once in a while someone sees my stuff and is impressed. LOL

Keep up the good fight and save all the carts you can pachanga!
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #18
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Old 04-11-2014, 01:32 AM   #19
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I did the same thing to the frame on my G9 that I just finished although mine isn't as rusted but it was pretty bad.
s10king91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:59 PM   #20
Mbluequad
Not Yet Wild

So 1 1/4 is the best size to replace the frame rail?
Mbluequad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha