lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Help with G9e to G9a-ish Conversion

I actually contemplated a similar project. I went out to the boneyard to look at the G2e, i saw the differences on the frame & decided against it. Many of the Yamaha frames are so similar, such a conversion wouldnt be too tough, but appearantly not on a G2-G9 (both models are nearly identical).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2014, 09:29 AM   #12
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Help with G9e to G9a-ish Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The rear swingarm is shorter on the "e" model, so the swingarm from the "a" model wont help much, unless you want the rear wheels sticking Way out the back like a drag bike or hill climber.

That's where some of the fab skills come in.......... You'd have to remove the battery trays and build a cross member with the hangers for the swing arm to hang from. Much like I just built on my G1 to lower the front of my swing arm.

Lots more to do than just that, but still a lot of work and if you don't have the tools right there to do it, lots of traveling back and forth between your place and theirs.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha