lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2015, 07:42 PM   #1
langus480
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1992 EZGO Marathon build-East bound and down, Short time to get there

Hello,

I am heading overseas in week (MEast) and I have decided to make some serious changes to my golf cart. I have a short time to accumulate the things I need to modify my golfcart that is currently overseas.

I recently ccmpletely overhauled my original Robin engine, but after replacing nearly everything with new, the engine only runs for about 10 minutes and then stalls. You have to let it sit for 10-20 minutes and then it runs again. My wife hates it. I replaced the igniter (new), new muffler, the carburetor (new), new fuel lines, new fuel pump, new coil and wire, new battery wires, new harness, cleaned up the FNR switch, new piston head cylinder and rings, new voltage regulator, installed good used reeds...the list goes on. I decided to pull out the two stroke and go with a four stroke.

I am currently getting all the shopping out of the way in what I hope is to modify the factory look and performance of my EZGO Marathon. I am putting a list of parts/components together and need some help/ opinions.

This is what I have so far:

Honda GX690 twin engine
Engine cradle/ mounting kit from Vegascarts.com (I may have to modify some things to make this work)
Team Industries clutch
4" lift kit
6:1 gears for the rear diff
Front disk brakes (I modified the spindles for the brakes to fit)
MOMO steering wheel
Sparco four point seat belts with camlock
Fold down convertible roof
motorcycle speedometer/ tachometer
K&N airfilter
Serpentine belt and pulleys (so I can have reverse)

This is what I am thinking of getting:

Jakes Shifter
Windshield
Roll Bar?
Brush guard?
Nerf Bars?
Quiet Muffler
Kenwood Receiver
Rockford Amp
Rockford speekers

I need help finding the right shocks to put on this golfcart. I also want to put a brush guard on the front but I'm not seeing anything that fits or will work. Lastly I want to put a half size windshield and roll bar on. I was thinking a motorcycle muffler to quiet down the engine, as I want a sleeper/ to be able to enjoy a stereo/ sound system.

I'm on a tight schedule to find all the things to make this cart awesome.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance
langus480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #2
langus480
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 EZGO Marathon build-East bound and down, Short time to get there

I have received quite a bit of things for my EZGO Marathon. I've been hoping someone would comment or give advice as I am not sure if all this is going to work. Cross my fingers...pictures to come soon.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:11 AM   #3
langus480
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 EZGO Marathon build-East bound and down, Short time to get there

I think I have everything I need to make my golf cart awesome. 12 boxes are packed and ready. Lets see how much the airlines will charge. I may be limited on the amount of boxes...we'll see.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:02 PM   #4
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Good luck! That sounds like a challenge just getting the parts where you need them.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:39 PM   #5
langus480
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Revolution. I was able to check 11 boxes, except the engine. The airline insisted that the Honda GX690 engine was test ran at the factory and that I wasn't able to take it aboard the aircraft. No problem. I have to have it sent through Cargo instead. We'll see how well that plays out.

Tags
big block, disk brakes, lift kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO