lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2015, 11:28 AM   #11
jeffrun
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2007 ezgo st key switch wiring instructions

If its a 18hp ,most likely a GX610 Honda. I have that manual in hand and some of your wire colors don't match. I will give you the connections, you will need to verify what colors match to function in your cart. This connection is based on a start and run from the ignition switch. This connection will not apply if pedal start with starter/generator.

B- hot 12v to switch(manual color-white)
S- to solenoid on top of starter motor(manual color BL/W)
I- goes to fuel cut solenoid (manual color BL/Y)
M-to magneto kill (manual color BL/R)
M-Magneto ground to motor block (manual color black)
C-not used
jeffrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2015, 06:59 PM   #12
Chris bowling
Not Yet Wild

The black/? And red/? Could be black/white or black/blue(color is faded) and the red/? Could either be blue or white(again color is faded) but I know at the switch I do not have a black/yellow
Chris bowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:46 PM   #13
jeffrun
Gone Wild

Well chris, i think your at the point you need to ring out the wires with a dmm. Leave the switch wires open,and set dmm on on 20 volt scale and find the hot wire.Set meter on low ohms, go to each location and locate which wire goes where and mark it. If you connect it wrong,could damage mags or other things.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:16 PM   #14
Chris bowling
Not Yet Wild

Where should the fuel cut be located? What is a mag kill. Sorry I'm clueless on some of this
Old 05-12-2015, 08:29 PM   #15
jeffrun
Gone Wild

The fuel cut solenoid is located on the bottom of carburetor. The kill wire comes out of the blower housing above starter motor, its one wire,usually black with a tracer color.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:28 PM   #16
Chris bowling
Not Yet Wild

OK guys I've got it cranking and running as long as you poor gas in the carb. I've done this several times hoping maybe the carb was 1/2 way stopped up. Any suggestions?
Old 05-14-2015, 07:02 PM   #17
jeffrun
Gone Wild

hey,thats great..making progress. I would check fuel pump,pull line loose from carb ,crank motor,a charge of fuel should shoot out in a clear plastic bottle.The fuel pump should have 3 hoses,one to carb.,one to pulse fitting from crankcase and one to fuel tank. When you turn your ign switch from off to on, you should here that cut fuel solenoid click. If those are working, next step is to open carb and do a cleaning,
Old 05-15-2015, 07:36 AM   #18
Chris bowling
Not Yet Wild

Fuel pump could very well be the problem(which is what I'm thinking) I unhooked the fuel line before the fuel filter and cranked it over a few times and nothing happened. No fuel made it to that point. So how does the fuel pump work on the Honda motors? Electric or vacume? The three hoses your talking about. Could it possibly be "t'd". I found a main line coming out of the fuel tank then it t'd off to the bottom of the motor the other side went on to the fuel filter then the carb after the filter.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #19
jeffrun
Gone Wild

The normal fuel pump on these motors is pulse/vacuum type ,not electric. The connections you describe would not work for this type of fuel pump. I have attached a picture of the pump. I have also attached a pdf and on page m-1 is the typical ezgo connection. The location of pump on my honda gx610 is just in front of carbuetor, some are located on blower housing.

The proper fuel pump connection should be gas tank fitting to fuel filter,then to inlet port on pump. the outlet port on pump goes to carb. the pressure port goes to a hose connection from the motor crakcase pressure,usally under carb

Attached Files
File Type: pdf ezgo fuel.pdf (3.08 MB, 0 views)
Old 05-15-2015, 12:32 PM   #20
jeffrun
Gone Wild

look on page m-1 of pdf for typical pump connections. would help for photos of top of motor and fuel tank area.picture of pump attached.

[URL="http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUEL-PUMP-for-HONDA-16700-Z0J-003-KAWASAKI-49040-7001-Small-Engine-Lawn-Mower-/270711188705?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f07a4 ece1"]
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO