lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2015, 01:22 AM   #1
Jnkyrdg04
Not Yet Wild

Default 86 2 cycle engine no forward movement

Ok I bought my heap for 450.00 and it came with another cart I plan on building later. I finally got the motor to turn and cart to move by jumping it off the battery. It goes in reverse like a beast, but in forward the motor will turn over but not budge the cart. Even with the rear tires off the ground still nothing. I'm thinking f/r switch? Any other possibilities? I'll know more tomorrow I hope when I take the switch off.
Jnkyrdg04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2015, 01:23 AM   #2
Jnkyrdg04
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 86 2 cycle engine no forward movement

Oh, it also turns the motor in the same direction no matter if I have it in forward and reverse. Just a lot slower in the forward position, and it won't start up. It will only start up in reverse.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:55 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Start investigating the forward/reverse switch for stuck contacts.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:16 AM   #4
Jnkyrdg04
Not Yet Wild

That's going to be my first thing. To do. That and see what's up with the micro switch since I have to jump it across the battery just to get any movement. It's hard to say what previous owner did to it. He said the engine had work and the carb did too. It screams in reverse.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:34 AM   #5
robert30robert
Not Yet Wild

I had the same problem with one of my carts. I took the 3 main wire that went to the switch From the motor. And moved them around. Until The motor went both ways. trail and error. You will get it.
robert30robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:23 PM   #6
Jnkyrdg04
Not Yet Wild

We'll I got it to run forward finally. The switch has one sweet spot for forward and it took a while to find it. So forward on flat or semi flat it runs like a beast. As soon as you hit a small hill it bogs down bad. It actually runs in reverse up the hill better than forwards. I'm going to burn out the muffler to see if that helps
Old 06-16-2015, 07:38 AM   #7
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

To me, runs like a beast sounds pretty good. I would not think clogged muffler.

Running better in reverse would also not have me thinking clogged muffler. The piston moves up and down. The muffler doesn't know forward from reverse.

The switch having a sweet spot would still have me looking there.

Other reasons for running better in reverse could be worn crankshaft seals, a clutch issue, or a very remote possibility that the timing plate has slipped a little, and now has better timing for running the engine in reverse.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO