lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2015, 08:53 AM   #1
Penny28021
Not Yet Wild

Default Hello everybody in Buggieswild Need Help

Ok So glad I found this site, so much info and to much is driving me nuts.
I need help I have a Gas golf cart, 1 cylinder engine. Runs good but it isn't charging the battery, and when you put it in forward she goes dead.Also
My tag serial number says 472358 and model number is C0288 it say's Textron.
But I typed in the serial number in the data base at ezgo and they say she is a Marathon GX444 1988 2 CYC.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I will say a prayer for you.
Thanks and I hope I don't get yelled at. God Bless
Penny28021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2015, 11:38 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hello everybody in Buggieswild Need Help

Let's start at the beginning. You have a 1988 single cylinder 2 stroke engine known as a 2 PG. It is the most desirable 2 stroke engine because it makes more power than the other years.

The battery not charging is most likely the voltage regulator not working, but could also be a bad battery. The picture below is a voltage regulator with the cap removed. It can be tested while running the engine while the cart is up on jack stands. First you check the voltage at the battery while running. If it stays at 12 volts or below, move on to the next step.
The small green wire in the middle gets disconnected, and held against the engine to ground it out. At the same time the voltage is checked at the battery. If the voltage goes up to around 19 volts, the regulator is bad.

Now to the other problem.

These engines run in both forward, and reverse. Your post makes it sound like you get it running in reverse, and then switch to forward. You should never do that. The engine has to come to a complete stop before switching directions.

Tell us the history of the cart, and we will go from there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020235.JPG (90.7 KB, 0 views)
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
Penny28021
Not Yet Wild

I really appreciate all the help but I have up, and took it to a golf cart doctor.
But I am so glad I found this site thank you for everything, I don't like posting on web site's for fear of being yelled at, You know we all started out somewhere. Thank you and Have a blessed day.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

We don't yell at people...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:51 PM   #5
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I hope the "doctor" doesn't take advantage of you. Welcome to BGW! Enjoy your stay and please report back on what the guy tells you.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:32 AM   #6
Penny28021
Not Yet Wild

Hello and I got her back from the doctor, come to find out she was wired wrong, and the Solenoid had crapped out. She runs like a charm now. Didn't charge me but 125 dollars to fix everything, Great guy, in Fallston NC. Now to get her repainted. Thank you to everybody here on this site Bless you all.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:37 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

We try to be nice here and not yell. If someone has a problem and asks for help and listens to what the are told we will help you figure it out. There are no stupid questions. Except maybe "Do penguins have knees?"
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:05 PM   #8
Nub
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
We try to be nice here... There are no stupid questions. Except maybe "Do penguins have knees?"
That's a great question. I've never thought about it until now... maybe need to take a trip to the penguin exhibit at SeaWorld to find out. I'll take pics to share.
Nub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:25 PM   #9
crash test dummy

yes ... Penguins have knees !!!

Tags
gas and going nuts
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO