lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2015, 12:19 AM   #1
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default EZ go won't go

My 2001 gas ez go won't start, won't turn engine over, won't do anything when I turn key in and push gas. Zero noise. Zero movement. I'm old and can't remember how to test the starter to see why it doesn't engage and turn engine over? Can anyone help me? Cart is on Kauai and we don't have anyone here other than me that can fix it. I just need some direction & can do about antpything. Just ask my wife😊
Lavorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2015, 05:55 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ go won't go

check fuses first, dead battery, loose or corroded connections, and the solenoid all before the starter.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 05:57 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just as a quick check, if yours has the gas gauge does the needle move when you hit the pedal? If yes, you at least have power to the switch. Lock the cart in neutral or put on blocks and jump across the 2 main lugs of the stater solenoid. Does it try to start? If yes then it is the activation circuit or solenoid. If you have a volt meter, put it on the 2 small lugs of the solenoid and see if you get +12 volts. If yes bad solenoid. If not, start chasing wires. And back to the top. Check the fuse next to the solenoid if no movement of the needle.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:23 AM   #4
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Mine does not have the gas gauge on dash. It's mechanical on tank lid.
It also does not have a regular solenoid like the other carts I have owned? Not exactly sure how deal with this little guy? I have 2 Yamaha/gas machines in Utah and they have traditional looking, albeit much heavier duty, solenoids.
I need a pix of what to do. Old age is not helping me out much. Thx for the help.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:58 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

How about a pix of the motor. Is it a Robbins?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:42 AM   #6
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Yep. It's a Robbins
Old 08-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #7
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
check fuses first, dead battery, loose or corroded connections, and the solenoid all before the starter.
I used to restore antique cars, paint, weld, and repair lots of things but this cart doesn't have the traditional elect system I am accustomed to seeing . I have rebuilt starter/generators on them before & also put new mother boards in chargers when I had elect machines. Gas is better! I'm old now and this one has me baffled. My guess is that it might be the micro switch under the pedal as I don't hear a click when I depress pedal. How do I get around the micro switch to make it turn over w/o it?
Old 08-28-2015, 04:27 PM   #8
wicked872
Getting Wild
Yamaha

is it a TXT if so there is a square cover in front of the battery, remove this cover and check for 12 volts through the fuse that is in the fuse holder, these corrode easily, also on the back of the shifter there is a micro switch, these terminals rot off easily, try connecting the red with white stripe to the red that does not go to the reverse buzzer, also in the area of the micro switch is a blue or green wire with a plug in that corrodes too, I take care of 30 of these at a golf course and these are the most popular things that cause your problem.
wicked872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:32 PM   #9
mardad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check ALL ground connections. Take em loose and clean.
mardad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:37 PM   #10
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

KG's directions will get you right.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO