lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2015, 05:49 PM   #1
Moonhowler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 97 GXT with 4" lift: need off road tires that fit standard rims

I know y'all have probably pondered this 100 times, and I promise I have looked through past forums, so please give me some advice based on my goal to us the 8" stock rims (current tires are turf 18x8.5x and have some tires that will add some clearance and some traction.

I have an EZ Go 4" lift on the way. We will use the cart on dirt roads, some pretty muddy, but not requiring mud paddles -just some cross tread or nobbies.

I think we can get away with 21" tires. Anyone have recommendations of brands or sources?

I didn't buy this vehicle to make a show girl - it will be hauling carcasses out of the Alabama River Swamp in the winter, and sunset cruise Mobile Bay Eastern Shore in the intervening time.

Many thanks for your time, -Moonhowler

And all on a shoestring.
Moonhowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2015, 06:07 PM   #2
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: 97 GXT with 4" lift: need off road tires that fit standard rims

Bigger tires usually require an offset to the rims. This can also be accomplished with wheel spacers.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #3
Moonhowler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 GXT with 4" lift: need off road tires that fit standard rims

Is 21" tall tire reasonable? Where can I find appropriate spacers? Many thanks for the reply

-Moonhowler
Moonhowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO