lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2016, 06:35 PM   #1
Gunt
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 Turns over with key off

I recently purchased a 1984 G1 golf cart from a guy off of Craigslist..the previous owner removed the gas engine to weld the frame but couldn't figure out how the wiring goes back together. I sorted most of the wiring out and bought a new ignition switch and battery for it. My problem is it turns over as soon as you hook the battery up even with the key off..the positive terminal is also getting hot. Could the solenoid to generator wires be connected wrong? Is there a switch somewhere on the gas pedal that can get stuck open?
Gunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2016, 11:24 PM   #2
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: G1 Turns over with key off

Sounds like you have something crossed or possible short in the switch. What happens if you turn switch in other position ? Did you check out a wiring diagram to check for proper wire locations !
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:43 AM   #3
Gunt
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

When I put the cart into reverse the back alarm sounds but the engine still turns over in forward. As soon as you drop the positive cable onto the battery the cart starts turning over even without the gas pedal being pressed down. I did look at the wiring diagrams that's how I got the engine harness figured out and got spark going again at the coil..The ignition is brand new off a cart supply website.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:52 AM   #4
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

See if this helps. See attached
Old 03-20-2016, 07:56 AM   #5
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Let's try again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (195.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-20-2016, 07:57 AM   #6
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Part 1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (191.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-20-2016, 05:49 PM   #7
Gunt
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I figured it out but now I have a new problem...The previous owner had the F1 cable from the generator hooked up to the wrong side of the solenoids..once I got that figured out I could get the solenoids to work by adding a jumper wire from the positive terminal on the battery to the trigger wire on each corresponding solenoid..for some reason the new ignition switch from amazon.com isn't sending the signal to the selenoids telling them to turn on..if I back probe the ignition with a positive wire I can get each selenoid to trigger...I'm thinking I got a bad ignition.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha