lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2016, 08:39 PM   #1
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default 295 leak down fail

Purchased used engine online failed leak down check valves are at .004 havent gone into it any more was checking for blown head gasket as they thought it had. Ignition side I'm at 48% @ 100psi exiting both exhaust and intake. On crank side I'm 6%@100psi head gasket leak. Should I do just valves and gasket if no scaring or should I go full rebuild it does spin free by hand no bad noise
SRDCOMPOSITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 leak down fail

Even with valves adjusted properly, if you have valve leakdown on a compression issue I would look to the intake valves... All the robins engines were notorious for pulling the intake valve into the head and mushrooming causing leakdown... You will have to pull the head anyway so I would look there and get a new head gasket upon rebuild if the valves have to be replaced... It's an easy fix to replace the valves and reseat them.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
Even with valves adjusted properly, if you have valve leakdown on a compression issue I would look to the intake valves... All the robins engines were notorious for pulling the intake valve into the head and mushrooming causing leakdown... You will have to pull the head anyway so I would look there and get a new head gasket upon rebuild if the valves have to be replaced... It's an easy fix to replace the valves and reseat them.
Engine is a 99 what is the difference between the valves for the 91 up and the 03-08 MCI I can get the set for MCI for less than the non MCI
SRDCOMPOSITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:56 PM   #4
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I can't recall a difference but I am almost positive they won't interchange... I'm not 100 percent on that, but i'm pretty sure... I believe the biggest diff is the keeper style... Some are one piece keeper built in the spring plate and some have collets with the spring plate.. you just have to see which one you have..
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO