lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2016, 06:09 PM   #1
Camdenites
Not Yet Wild

Default 295CC rebuild???

I have a TXT with the robyns 295cc which I am preparing to sent to BU to rebuild. the cart is used at the farm in muddy conditions and I forgot to change the oil for 2 seasons.. I'm just being honest..... My dad called and told me that the cart "died" on him while going to get a deer. As I suspected, the flywheel would not turn! The oil was very black and thick so it is definitely due to my negligence! I have pulled the engine in preparation for shipping in to rebuild but am working on getting the clutch off the flywheel. I was using an impact wrench for the grease compression method when I noticed that the flywheel was turning... My first thought was that I had broken internal components like rods etc. But... The flywheel turns smoothly and it has compression on both cylinders. It feels perfectly normal when turning the flywheel by hand... So now I'm considering putting the engine back in to test (with fresh oil obviously) It took me 2-3 hours to take the engine out so it wouldn't take forever.. Please give opinions as to whether or not I am wasting my time re-installing and testing. Or should I just send it on in for rebuild???
Thank you!
Camdenites is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 295CC rebuild???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camdenites View Post
I have a TXT with the robyns 295cc which I am preparing to sent to BU to rebuild. the cart is used at the farm in muddy conditions and I forgot to change the oil for 2 seasons.. I'm just being honest..... My dad called and told me that the cart "died" on him while going to get a deer. As I suspected, the flywheel would not turn! The oil was very black and thick so it is definitely due to my negligence! I have pulled the engine in preparation for shipping in to rebuild but am working on getting the clutch off the flywheel. I was using an impact wrench for the grease compression method when I noticed that the flywheel was turning... My first thought was that I had broken internal components like rods etc. But... The flywheel turns smoothly and it has compression on both cylinders. It feels perfectly normal when turning the flywheel by hand... So now I'm considering putting the engine back in to test (with fresh oil obviously) It took me 2-3 hours to take the engine out so it wouldn't take forever.. Please give opinions as to whether or not I am wasting my time re-installing and testing. Or should I just send it on in for rebuild???
Thank you!
do you have access to a leakdown tester if not you can rent it from oreilly or autozone if it is in the green then stick it back in if you hear whistle itll tell you where leak is

What was your compression?
SRDCOMPOSITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:16 PM   #3
Camdenites
Not Yet Wild

I don't have a compression guage. I am just feeling and hearing the compression as i turn the flywheel over. The cart was really doesn't have that many hours, and was running just fine when it locked up... I will research the leakdown tool. thank you for your reply.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:33 PM   #4
Camdenites
Not Yet Wild

Update.

I had the time available and decided to reinstall the motor and give it a try....

The motor started and is running normally after about an hour of use. I added a little seafoam to the crankcase, and plan to change the oil after 5 hours or so.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:45 AM   #5
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

If the motor was ran out of oil most likely what happened when you were trying to remove the clutch you broke the motor free.
Most likely now what's going to happen is the motor is going to develop a knocking noise. You might get lucky and it won't but if it does immediately stop running the engine because what happens is the connecting rod end cap bolts have come loose and it will beat the crap out of the crankshaft journal.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
ski-doo583 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, locked, rebuild, seized
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO