lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2016, 12:08 PM   #1
reggie dunlop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default st 350 electric issues

Hi all,
I am working on a 2005 st 350 workhorse.
The cart would not start.I jumped the two large terminals on the solenoid and the cart would turn over.When I would leave it alone for a while it would start.I replaced the solenoid and put the thing back together and now when I turn the key switch on the starter-gen turns over.It will keep turning until I turn the key off.The engine does not start until I press the pedal down,but the starter-gen turns until the key is turned off.
Could this be a key switch issue?
It is also worth noting that the replacement solenoid ezgo sent me was slighty different.The two large posts on the solenoid went front to back on the old on and side to side on the new one.I just assumed that the new one replaced the old style.I am not aware of any reason that the two would not interchange.

Any ideas?
reggie dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2016, 04:26 PM   #2
tinyxxxviii
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: st 350 electric issues

it sounds like it is just wired wrong. power from the batter hits one of the large post on the solenoid. from that large post a small wire heads over to the key switch. from the key switch it goes to the foot switch. from the foot switch it goes to one of the small post on the solenoid. from the other large post, a large wire runs to the starter motor. two to three smaller wires will come off this same post to run the ignition and voltage regulator. the other small post is the ground for the solenoid.
tinyxxxviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:33 AM   #3
reggie dunlop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I pulled the wires off the old solenoid and placed them on the new one as I went.I spoke to the lady who owns the cart last night.She informed me that the cart has been running when she stopped for some time now.She said that she just turned of the key switch when she stopped the cart.It was not until the cart would not start that she called me.
I am beginning to think that the micro switch might be bad or out of adjustment.Could that be the case?
Old 04-25-2016, 01:57 PM   #4
tinyxxxviii
Not Yet Wild

With that info I would agree with you. if you follow the cable from the governor back to the fire wall of the cart you will find the switch for the pedal start. check its adjustment be fore you replace it. As things get old an gummed up, it or some of the other linkages might not be letting the switch open.
tinyxxxviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:50 PM   #5
reggie dunlop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Tiny,

I did check the micro switch adjustment.The micro switch and the micro switch cam were about 1/2 inch apart.It was nowhere near closing the circuit.

What I cannot understand is how the misadjustment came about.I did not find anything bent nor broke.I had to adjust the cam all the way to the end of the treads to make the switch close,and then adjust the other end of the cable.

This was a lesson well learned.Ask a lot of questions when asked if I can do someone a favor.

Thanks Guys.

Reggie
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO