lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2016, 09:33 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Motor advice

Just make sure You get confirmation about the Regen capabilities of the specific model motor from the manufacturer.

There are many ways to make a fast motor, but if the commutation time has too much advance, the brushes will arc and create severe heat during Regen.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #12
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Great info Sergio ...Silverwolf advised me that they have had great results with the D&D 502 torque motor paired with the madjax controller with no heat issues and I actually know someone running this controller set up with an Admiral MOT-A4 motor and he says the motor runs cool especially after the motor was broken in (whatever that means). It would be nice for Silverwolf to publish a list of compatible motors for this controller. I tried to ask for that but was not given that info , that has been a while back when it was fairly new to the market ,I'm sure they have tested many more motors since then .Silverwolf did tell me it would work with a PQ motor but to watch the heat, so obviously that combo causes some heat issues or did at that time, plus you would lose the regen feature going that route .Maybe David , hint,hint could get a list of compatible motors from Silverwolf since he sells their controller
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:06 PM   #13
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
In South Florida I think you would be completely happy with a AMD 7144 motor and the stock Curtis controller. I would at least replace the motor first before spending a lot of money on a controller that you don't need. I forgot you would need a speed magnet if you want to go over 20 MPH
I don't understand why you would say he doesn't need the controller when he clearly stated why he wanted the controller.
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:13 PM   #14
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I didn't say that he doesn't need a new controller. I just suggested that he try a new motor first. Putting a 600 amp controller on a 3.3 hp motor is like putting a four barrel carburetor on a four cylinder. He needs horsepower not amps.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:26 PM   #15
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
In South Florida I think you would be completely happy with a AMD 7144 motor and the stock Curtis controller. I would at least replace the motor first before spending a lot of money on a controller that you don't need. I forgot you would need a speed magnet if you want to go over 20 MPH
well
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #16
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well you have to read the whole sentence. I'm out of here.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:32 AM   #17
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

I called sliverwolf and they were super helpful. They suggested D&D over PQ (heat issues) and D&D is actively testing the controller with different motors.

D&D suggested the 502.2 motor. Any one running this with any controller? Top speed?

Any one running the D&D high speed 506.2 motor? Top speed?

I'm having a hard time getting over the PQ executioner/ assassin for the same cost...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patela2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car