lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2016, 08:02 AM   #21
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Towed 88 ez go, did i break it?

That frayed mess on the bottom looks like the governor cable. It looks like it is holding the throttle closed. Most people remove it completely.

That big spring on the other end of the lever does not look factory to me.
The spring that snaps the carburetor open should be wound around the throttle shaft. I can't see if yours is there.

The spring that is slid over your throttle cable is on the wrong side of the lever.
It should be between the lever, and the cable ferrule. It serves a dual purpose. The most important thing is that it holds the throttle lever closed until the pedal switch makes contact.
That prevents backfiring that could blow out the crankshaft seals.

It also gives a smoother throttle response. You didn't complain about a jerky throttle, but I suspect you had trouble controlling the slower speeds.

EDIT: Just had another thought. Are you sure it's really running, and not just the starter turning. That fools a lot of people.

None of that will help you regain that lost power, but it will help later down the road.
Attached are pictures of my throttle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg open throttle.jpg (263.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg closed throttle.jpg (208.0 KB, 0 views)
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2016, 01:00 PM   #22
Cstoen86
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It definetly runs. Was smoking quite abit, now seems to be done with that. If I play with the choke alittle it almost runs good for a second but then goes back to running rough. Almost like it's isn't getting enough air or fuel, pump is pumping plenty of fuel and air is clean.
Cstoen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:04 PM   #23
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I'm thinking that the carburetor needs to be taken apart, and cleaned. Every orifice.

Then a good shot of Seafoam through the engine.

I just cleaned the carb on an 83. It made a world of difference.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:07 AM   #24
Cstoen86
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cleaned it last night, still no change, engine runs for couple seconds then sputters and idles
Cstoen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:08 AM   #25
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I really hate to say it, but it might be worth throwing a $20 carburetor at it. I don't like shot gunning parts in without actually knowing what the failure is, but sometimes you just have to punt.

There is also a new guy with a 1980 having trouble with ignition. Check out his thread, and maybe walk him through the points adjustment.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...-no-spark.html
Old 05-21-2016, 10:29 PM   #26
JeffHWV
Not Yet Wild

When you clean the carb pay close attention to the "bolt" that holds the carb bowl on. It actually has a jet built into it it will have an orifice on the center axis of the threaded end and will have orifices drilled cross ways on it. Real easy to miss and is the lowest part of the carb bowl that gets all the trash. If they are plugged the cart will run poorly if at all.
JeffHWV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3 wheeler, robin engine ec25ds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO