lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2016, 09:08 PM   #1
Mobug
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 Marathon not turning over

Hello All, got a 1994 EZGO Marathon gas 295cc. I just replace the solenoid on it because, when you would push the pedal to start, it would click once at solenoid, then nothing. It would start if you just slight tapped the solenoid with a wrench or hammer but it was slowly getting worse so I put in a new one. The cart ran great for about a 1 1/2 days, then this morning when I drove to check the mail, I went to drive back and when you press the pedal, it makes that similar clicking noise like when the solenoid went out, but it like continues to click as the pedal is depressed over and over, but never turn over. Can the new solenoid be bad all ready? Why is it clicking over and over as the pedal is depressed. Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks!
Mobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2016, 09:31 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 Marathon not turning over

Load test your battery. It sounds dead.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:48 AM   #3
my1423
Gone Wild

If you charge the battery and it starts up you might want to check that the voltage regulator is charging the battery as well.
my1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:59 AM   #4
Mobug
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, I will check these. It seems weird to me that when the solenoid went out, it was just one click and nothing. Now all the sudden when you push in pedal it just goes click, click, click, click. I think my battery is pretty new. I know the voltage reg. is pretty old. Any other ideas? Thanks!
Old 05-02-2016, 12:07 PM   #5
Mobug
Not Yet Wild

Noticed that the new solenoid has a plastic base that connects to the fire wall instead of metal like the old one. there was a black wire that went from the terminal next to the positive terminal on the solenoid to the bolt that holds the solenoid on the firewall. Does not explain why it ran great for a day and a half though. Checked battery it is fully charged. Need suggestions. Thanks

P.S. Would a bad voltage reg. make it constantly click when you press the pedal?
Old 05-02-2016, 04:10 PM   #6
Mobug
Not Yet Wild

Rechecked wires and now I am not even getting it to click. Took my voltmeter and I got 12.8 at battery 12.8 at positive side of solenoid. Then nothing really anywhere at solenoid, starter gen. etc. Any ideas thanks!
Old 05-02-2016, 04:44 PM   #7
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Hold the meter on your battery, and step on the pedal. If voltage drops below 9.6, the battery is junk.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO