lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2016, 10:39 AM   #1
Mobug
Not Yet Wild

Default Got a voltmeter on my 94 EZGO that won't turn over heres what I got !

Ok, I posted yesterday How I replaced my solenoid on my 94 EZGO gas cart. It ran perfect for a couple days, then when you pressed the pedal, it would just go click click click click. Then or now it won't even click. So I took my voltmeter and heres what I got: Battery reads 12.8, positive side of solenoid reads 12.8 all the time. All other terminals on solenoid reads 0. Ignition swithc reads 6.4 on both terminals with key on. When I press the pedal both terminals on ignition switch drop to 0. The terminal on top of micorswitch reads 0 with pedal not pressed or pressed. With pedal pressed I get 12.8 on positive side of solenoid and I get 0 at all other terminals. I get 0 all the time at the starter. Even the selector terminal before I press the pedal I get 6.4, once I press the pedal nothing, just like at ignition switch. Anybody got any ideas, Thanks
Mobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #2
Mac1978
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Got a voltmeter on my 94 EZGO that won't turn over heres what I got !

Might sound dumb, but I chased an electrical gremlin for a long time... Pulled battery cable off to replace the battery, and the cable had all but disintegrated inside the lead terminal.
Mac1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:18 PM   #3
jeffrun
Gone Wild

Default Re: Got a voltmeter on my 94 EZGO that won't turn over heres what I got !

couple things to check. Put a new fuse in, sometimes fues holder is corroded and clean-up. I assumed you replaced the solenoid with a golf cart type, they are continuous duty. If you used a auto type,they will burn up in short time.
jeffrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:37 PM   #4
Mobug
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, checked fuse once, but I will check again. I bought the solenoid from a local golf cart shop, so who knows. It sure acts like the solenoid went out again. Just waiting to see if someone has ever been through this. When previous solenoid went out, it would click everytime you pressed pedal. The continuous clicking at first was weird, but the no clicking now is even more weird. Why do the volts drop when pedal pressed?
Old 05-03-2016, 02:16 PM   #5
jeffrun
Gone Wild

If you don't have a solid 12v at ignition switch, solenoid is not going to work. Jumper a wire from battery +12v post directly to solenoid small +terminal, if it cranks then, your solenoid and starter are ok. Does your reverse buzzer work when shifted in reverse? If it doesnt work,then disconnect wires on micro switch to buzzer,see if that helps.
jeffrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:45 PM   #6
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

You should have left this in the original thread to avoid confusion.

You can't read voltage across a switch while it is making contact. That's why you are showing zero at the ignition switch, and solenoid while the pedal is pushed.

You still haven't said anything about load testing the battery.

Put your meter on the battery lugs.
You said it reads 12.8 volts.
Now push the pedal, and tell us what the reading is at the battery lugs.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #7
Mobug
Not Yet Wild

Thanks will do the load test,
Old 05-03-2016, 04:46 PM   #8
Mobug
Not Yet Wild

Rear buzzer has never worked since I have owned the vehicle. So I need to run a jumper from the positive terminal to the little terminal closest to the positive terminal or farthest? Thanks
Old 05-03-2016, 05:01 PM   #9
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobug View Post
Rear buzzer has never worked since I have owned the vehicle. So I need to run a jumper from the positive terminal to the little terminal closest to the positive terminal or farthest? Thanks

The buzzer doesn't care which way it is connected. It needs power, and it needs a ground.

The normal way to connect it is Power from the key switch connected to the reverse microswitch, connected to one side of buzzer, then other side of buzzer to ground.

Let's solve one problem at a time.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:46 PM   #10
Mobug
Not Yet Wild

I agree, from what info I have gave, could my solenoid be bad all ready?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO