lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2016, 09:30 PM   #21
geer hed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Another lighting question

OK if you are using a two prong flasher, you do not use the blue wire. If you want the blue wire, you will need a 3 prong flasher. The blue wire is only to light up the green indicator light on the switch to show you that the lights are blinking.

For the 2 prong flasher The power comes from the battery to one prong on the flasher. Then the BLACK wire from the switch goes on the other prong on the flasher. This is what supplies the power to the switch.

Now, you said the front turn signals have black, and white wires. we already covered the white is ground, so from the turn switch
YELLOW goes to the Black on the front LEFT light
GREEN goes to the black on the front RIGHT light.

Now I looked up the part number you gave for the tail lights but they didn't give me any info other than a picture of them. So I need a little more info on what you are looking at.

How many wires are coming out of the tail lights? 2 or 3, and what are the colors of the wires. Or did you get a wiring diagram with the lights?

Last edited by geer hed; 06-30-2016 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: To add information.
geer hed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2016, 09:50 PM   #22
geer hed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I went back and reread your last post. It shouldn't matter if you have all the lights hooked up or not. If the switch is hooked up correctly, even if you only have one light hooked up, that light should work.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:52 PM   #23
geer hed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

And thank you Cart around. him being able to post the diagram for the switch was a huge help to me.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:22 PM   #24
82EZTank
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Re: Another lighting question

Ok, I have having crap for luck with this set up. Here is what I did. I took 2 tail lights, same 3 wire set up from a different build, cut the plugs off of them and made jumper wires so I could see which wire controlled the brake light versus the tail light. The black wire controls the brake light, it is definitely brighter than the red wire. So, my thinking is, plug in the red wire, then jump the black wire directly to the flasher since it already is hooked up...my rear lights flicker when I push the signal down...all the lights come on when push the signal up. I am at a loss. I have every wire ran like its showed on the diagram, but why it shows each wire being grounded if the harness is grounded already is beyond me. Only plus that came from all this BS, is that I do have a working brake light switch(I have the pad ordered and on its way, but I bought a 3 dollar pressure switch to make sure I didn't need to have the turn signal switch completely looped in order for it to work correctly. I have checked and double checked every ground, I am getting 16.39 volts from every spot. I am thinking I may have a faulty turn signal switch as well. Not sure what the next step is.....
82EZTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:29 PM   #25
82EZTank
Not Yet Wild

Also, I have 2 different flashers, 2 and 3 prong, both are made to run LED lights without a ballast. The 3 prong is a Novita EP35. Says it's designed to work with LED's, incandescents or a mixture of both. The flasher that came with my kit is a generic brand part #ST-03015B-12, 12v, 25 amp.
82EZTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:23 AM   #26
geer hed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK If you think the switch is bad, that's easy enough to test, just use a test light at the end of each wire coming out of the turn signal switch to see if it's working. This switch is a very common design. It was used on many older vehicles, and is still being used on bigger trucks and equipment today.

As for your ground, some circuits will provide a ground wire in the harness to the lights, this simply takes the ground back through the switch and uses the switch ground for every thing. Not all of them do this, Like the switch you are using, the ground from the switch is only to ground the switch. Each light then needs it's own ground. This is done in this type set up because the lights are not only for turn signals, they are also tail lights which are a totally separate function.

If you hook the black wire from the lights directly to the flasher it will blink all the time, none stop. none of the lights go directly to the flasher.

The black wire coming out of the LEFT tail light gets hooked to the ORANGE wire coming from the turn switch
The black wire from the RIGHT tail light gets hooked to the BROWN wire coming from the switch.

I read that you are also hooking up a brake light switch. You will run power from the battery, to the brake switch, then you will hook the red wire from the turn signal switch to the brake light switch.
This may not sound right but it is. The power for the brake lights go through the turn signal switch because when you activate ( say the right turn signal) The turn signal switch cancels out the brake light function to the right lights and allow them to blink.

Last edited by geer hed; 07-02-2016 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: miss spelled words.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:41 AM   #27
geer hed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

To recap the harness:

Using the two prong flasher:

Battery power, to one blade on flasher--------Black wire from second blade on flasher to turn signal switch.

Using three prong flasher:
Power from battery to left blade on flasher---------Black wire from switch to the right blade on flasher---------blue wire from switch to center blade on flasher.

Switch -----------------------------------Lights

Yellow------------------------------------black / front LEFT
Green------------------------------------black / front Right
Brown------------------------------------black / rear Right
Orange-----------------------------------black / rear Left
Red---------------------------------------brake light switch
White-------------------------------------ground
Old 07-02-2016, 08:35 PM   #28
geer hed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am sorry, I forgot, the red wire from the tail lights gets hooked up the headlight switch, so that way they come on when you turn on the head lights.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:59 PM   #29
Cheezygo
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

What brand is the turn signal switch?

http://www.cedarcreekas.org/TechTopi...Collection.pdf
Cheezygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:59 AM   #30
geer hed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How did you make out, get them working?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO