lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2016, 09:11 AM   #1
oldtanker
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 88 wiring problem

I have a 1988 EZ-GO cart. The forward reverse switch when bad so I ordered a new one. Both the old and new has 2 micro switches plus the mains. The wiring diagram I have doesn't cover the color wires so I need a wiring diagram that detailed enough to get the switch wired in. The one I have say hook the orange wire up here from the SM1 switch. Would help to know what the SM1 switch is and where it's located. Would help even more if it had an orange wire. The only difference from the old switch to the new one is the size and location of the reverse horn.

Thanks

Rick
oldtanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2016, 04:03 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 wiring problem

There should be a short wire coming from the hot side of your key switch. That will connect to the reverse buzzer microswitch. The other half of the microswitch goes to the buzzer, and then to ground.

The reverse buzzer microswitch is on the driver's side of your new FnR switch.

The microswitch on the passenger side of your new FnR switch is called the neutral safety switch. It will make contact in both forward, and reverse.
One side of that switch connects to the pedal microswitch. The other half connects to the small terminal on the solenoid.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...n-retrofit.jpg
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO