lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
jonny5cam
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 and 2015 FI cutting of (no code)

I've got a 2013 and a 2015 JC0 fuel injected carts that were stretched to 8 pass. These things ran flawless for years until the end of last summer. I am in central florida btw...These things run fine for hours until the ambient temp reaches 80+. I am convinced that this is a component getting hot and failing as they run fine on cooler days. I discovered the intake (fan shroud) was partially blocked on one of them when was replacing the temp sender which was discolored from the heat. I have had to replace the sensor before, but that time it had given me a code. Moving on, I am about to replace the ignition coil then the air temp sensor. I forgot to mention that after sitting for a few minutes they start back up for a bit before shutting down again. My Yamaha dealer has no idea what is wrong either i might add. Has anyone else run into this issue? Thanks.
jonny5cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2018, 08:48 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 and 2015 FI cutting of (no code)

I have not seen the coils go out on these models. It is a classic symptom of it though. Might hook up a dynamic spark tester and see if it's loosing spark when hot.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Agreed with smallblock if you don't have a tester carry a spark plug wrench with you and once it stops running turn it over for about thirty seconds and then pull the spark plug and inspect it if it's wet it's an ignition problem if it's dry than it's fuel related and once we know witch one it is we can guide you from there
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:07 AM   #4
jonny5cam
Not Yet Wild

I know it's losing spark. Not to be a smart a.., but i've been an equipment tech since 88' so I know my way around. I hate throwing parts at a problem. Yesterday, I installed a new coil on one of the units. If that doesn't fix it I'll put on the new air temp sender. I'll keep you guys posted as this could turn into a common issue. Thanks for your replies.
jonny5cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:09 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

You may want to try and change the pressure sensor. When it goes bad, it will cause the car to lose spark. Had one a couple of weeks ago, it would quit running when it got hot, it was that sensor. Seems to be a problem area, Ive changed others, with different symptoms.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha