lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2018, 03:11 AM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Can I Tap Into the Power Wire at the Shifter Cable

LOL, just noticed today when I wanted some light, my "reverse light" doesn't work anymore. Guess I over used that switch. My own advice caught up with me............. Hey, it is a old cart I got cheap because of a 'wire meltdown'.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2018, 06:25 AM   #22
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
That setup would serve quite nicely, and could also simultaneously power a reverse light if you wanted.
This diagram just shows the "principle"...

Normally, there should be a primary relay operated by the contact switch which supplies positive to the fuse box. As a result, the key must be "ON" to be operational... Reason why I would connect the buzzer as the camera power.
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:32 AM   #23
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Do people really leave the buzzer connected? I disconnected it, find it incredibly obnoxious
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:36 AM   #24
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Do people really leave the buzzer connected? I disconnected it, find it incredibly obnoxious
I like it. It reminds me, and informs people around, I am in backward mode... I also use it for turn signals which helps me not to leave it forever

Some members connected a flasher instead, as a visual flag which is also a good idea except for walkers behind.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:49 AM   #25
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I guess that makes sense if you're in a populated area. I live on ~20 acres and the only time mine will leave the property is when I run down the road to go to the mailbox. Nobody around to alert except maybe the goats or a dog... not that a little buzzer sound is going to make them move lol.

Maybe if I hooked up a water tank and something to spray water behind me when it's in reverse...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:45 AM   #26
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

LOL Before a friend of ours got his hearing aids and started wearing them, we had to tell him to remember to take his cart out of reverse after moving it. I believe using a flashing strobe light would be a better backup warning than a beeper. It is not annoying to others and if a hearing impaired person is behind the cart they would be alerted and so would the driver with the same condition.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:39 AM   #27
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I guess that makes sense if you're in a populated area...
yes, I use it every day in town...
Old 06-02-2018, 06:50 AM   #28
frankthetank
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sformal View Post
To answer to your PM, please find below the diagram.

You can leave the buzzer on its actual cables, relays do not take much power. In case you prefer not, you can connect it as the camera...

If there is no need to protect by a fuse the relay control (the buzzer must be protected), BUT you absolutely need to add a fuse on the secondary way (and take the negative from the battery)...
How long can I make the wires off the relay? The 6 inches is not giving me enough wiggle room. Is there a max?

Plus I found and ordered some actual backup sensors that I want to tie off with the reverse camera & monitor. Any issues with that?

Last edited by frankthetank; 06-02-2018 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: Typo
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha