lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2018, 07:22 PM   #1
soponies
Not Yet Wild

Default No low or middle speeds on a 1993 DS

Was following another thread about trying to make the golf cart have a lower speed as mine is either 100%-80% or engine cuts down. There is no zip tie mods. Here is a video of the carb in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j572G4op1MA
I’ve tried adjusting the throttle cable thinking that was the issue. One direction makes it cut out from the rev limiter the other direction doesn’t make any difference as far as levels of speed. I’ve played with the idle screw and that’s done nothing to help as well. Seems to run high, when we tried the idle mod it would idle too high that the golf cart would be moving too much to apply brakes when our foot wasn’t on th peddle, so it’s got to have something to do with the engine I would think?. Any leads on what to try next or look into would be very helpful. It’s a golf cart for horse shows so would like to have different speeds in case I’m stuck behind a walking horse or something instead of the stop go stop go to have a half way slower speed.
soponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2018, 08:38 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: No low or middle speeds on a 1993 DS

I'm seeing an awful lot of movement in that throttle plate and shaft. Is that shaft worn & loose? I would be curious to see what the cable and linkage are doing when it's running. Engine speed should be in direct relation to how far the throttle plate opens.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:27 AM   #3
soponies
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
I'm seeing an awful lot of movement in that throttle plate and shaft. Is that shaft worn & loose? I would be curious to see what the cable and linkage are doing when it's running. Engine speed should be in direct relation to how far the throttle plate opens.
Thank you for your reply. I took that carb off to inspect it better again. Last time I did that, a few weeks ago but less than 1 mile of riding time, the screws for the plate were loose and they were loose again. Additionally the whole at the bottom where the throttle pole goes into is very large and allows for a lot of play/vibration. I am not sure what it is supposed to look like so I’ve attached a photo. Please advise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02EE9646-3A7D-41FB-926A-F3E6CD240BD9.jpg (114.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 21AAAB39-94B6-47DA-87B1-0974ACE0E116.jpg (123.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-11-2018, 05:59 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

While you'll often hear "it's better to rebuild the original carb", that no longer applies when the housing is worn. When the hole the throttle shaft rides in is worn out and loose it's going to flow air through that open space - essentially like the throttle is part way open all the time. Looks like it's time to bite the bullet and get another carb. There is no way to adjust a worn out housing
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #5
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I believe that originally there was a nylon bushing that went in the hole that the bottom of the shaft sets in. With a little creativity you should be able to make one or come up with something that will work as a bushing.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #6
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'm not sure on this model of carb but I've rebuilt old Yamaha carbs with worn out throttle shafts buy robbing the plastic bushing out of the Chinese carb and installing it in the old one also using the Chinese throttle shaft but iv never ordered a Chinese one for a club car
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:07 PM   #7
soponies
Not Yet Wild

I've ordered a new one, hoping it will be an easy fix but will keep you all updated. Thank you for all your input.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car