lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2018, 09:03 PM   #21
ShawnQ
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: g2 stalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Glad you got it up and going! Best part is, for $30 it's got a lifetime warranty from most parts stores and they keep it in stock if it ever happens to go bad :) enjoy!
Thanks again!

Now I need to dig into the brakes. I have almost no stopping power...

I am tempted to scrap the rear drums and go with front discs, but as rough as the cart is I hate to dump money into it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
ShawnQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2018, 08:56 PM   #22
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I bought shoes to do my brakes, got into it and they were fine. Found they were glazed and dirty so cleaned and light sanding to them and drums. Mostly the lever that runs the shoes was rusted or dirty and not working well, cleaned it really well and brakes worked fine. I can lock them on grass with knobby 22s, made a huge difference and I still have new shoes lol sitting there. Really they stop fast up to about 30mph, then you start to tell fronts would help, at least in good traction conditions. In the snow or down steep hills they do what they can. Of course I hit 41mph gps the other day that was fast for me, but I never ride that fast it was just a test.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:26 PM   #23
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
G2 does not have advance ignition to begin with from what I understand. I dont think it does anything for advance but I'm certainly not hurting for performance. My G9 is on 20" Tires and will run 20mph all day, and the governor is NOT tightened down.
If you go to the link you will see that the Yamaha ignition module has an advancing ignition curve. I would be very careful using any module with no advance built in.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-g9-specs.html
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:23 PM   #24
bbdoc
Not Yet Wild

CP241,
I am going planning to dig into this tomorrow finally. My wiring harness is in good shape and I don’t want to destroy it. I have the diagram, the parts, and have located the two striped wires from the flywheel. I have removed the old ignitor (i’m not sure it’s OEM, the symbol looks like the Mitsubishi logo) and taped off the plug to stay clean and out of the way. I am hoping to get power from near the three wires going to the ignition coil and avoid having to destroy anything from the original harness and connectors. the ignition coil seems to contain the black ground, red/white power and the orange wire.
Am I able to use that red/white power?

Last edited by bbdoc; 05-31-2019 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: Double typed a segment/redundant
bbdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:27 PM   #25
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You can use the red/white power, or just use a ring terminal on the switched side of the solenoid and bypass the OEM wiring harness all together.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:32 PM   #26
bbdoc
Not Yet Wild

So I could put a ring terminal onto the ignition coil, and split that wire to go to the new ignitor and ballast? Would I leave the stick harness hooked up or unplug from the ignition coil?
Old 06-01-2019, 10:20 PM   #27
bbdoc
Not Yet Wild

I realized you said a ring terminal on the solenoid not the ignition coil. Which side is the switched side?
Old 06-02-2019, 01:04 PM   #28
bbdoc
Not Yet Wild

CP241,
I ended up cutting and using the original red power going to the ignition coil. Hooked everything up and had no spark. I did not run a new ground to the ignition coil as I assumed/hoped the original would still be grounded to the battery. I am assuming that since I removed the old ignitor, I may have lost ground or power from the factory harness going to the ignition coil.
I am going to run a seperate ground right from the coil to the battery.
I also will try to run the power from its own ring terminal. I just want to verify which side is the switched side?
Old 06-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #29
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The coil has 2 connections. Power and signal (ground pulse) from the ignition module.

It's much easier to run your own 2 wires to the coil than try to use what's in the factory harness
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha