lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2018, 07:46 PM   #1
Brandeis_
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha Gas Team Transaxle Rebuild

Hey y'all my name is JJ. I love the site, it's saved me numerous times as the corner street golf cart mechanic. I need y'all's help/advice on a gas Yamaha Transaxle rebuild. I've done one on an electric Team Transaxle that was a pain in the rear end for my first time but I eventually got it figured out. I'm having issues getting this one to fit back together correctly. I replaced the outer axle bearings on both sides with bearings I believe I got from Nivel. I also replaced all 4 seals, 1 smaller rubber and 1 larger rubber, and 2 identical metal ring seals. The only problem I'm having is that when I'm trying to align the gear that goes into the wet clutch assembly, it won't go down far enough to catch the last pressure plate. I think the bearing/axle spline that holds the first clutch plate isn't going down far enough. (About 1/2" from the ridge) the electric cart's axle spline/bearing popped all the way into the hole. Could I have gotten wrong size bearings? (No comparison they had been obliterated.) I also took out the spacers behind the bearings because the metal ring seals.werent sitting in the right spot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Going to give it another shot this week.
Brandeis_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2018, 11:15 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Gas Team Transaxle Rebuild

In my experience, it's usually just minor disc misalignment, preventing it from dropping all the way down.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #3
Brandeis_
Not Yet Wild

Well I tried to line them up in various ways.. is there a tool that Yamaha techs use? I also attached some photos of the first pressure plate, bearing/axle spline.. it doesn't seem to want to go all the way into the whole. Ite like the metal.ring seal is causing it to stop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181021_090136952.jpg (83.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181021_090122015.jpg (186.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-21-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Yes you have something stopping you. Maybe the axle shaft hasn't engaged. The metal ring isn't a seal, it's a selector shim (spacer) to set gear spacing.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:57 PM   #5
Brandeis_
Not Yet Wild

This is the "metal ring seal" I was talking about. It seems it's stopping the axle spline/bearing from going down far enough. I think I know what you're talking about with the shims. Those are super thin, wide rings that are under the bearings correct?
Old 10-21-2018, 02:58 PM   #6
Brandeis_
Not Yet Wild

Here is the photo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181021_145357817.jpg (65.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-22-2018, 10:10 AM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Shim thing is correct. That metal ring on top of that seal I'm not sure about.

Tags
gas, leak, rebuild, transaxle, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha