lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2019, 10:28 PM   #11
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: Getting different fixes for camber issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs4040 View Post
While I appreciate your info was just looking for a hopefully an easy fix to my problem , not looking to totally overhaul my frontend of my cart , so do you think shocks could be the answer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't expect you to rebuild your front end. Yes shorter shocks will get it down to the proper operating angle. I know that isn't what you wanta hear.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2019, 06:49 AM   #12
crs4040
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
While I appreciate your info was just looking for a hopefully an easy fix to my problem , not looking to totally overhaul my frontend of my cart , so do you think shocks could be the answer ?

Thanks so much , guess Iam going shock hunting !

crs4040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:10 AM   #13
mozzer
Not Yet Wild

And, as just mentioned, your new shock/spring setup will have to be shorter & lower the front end to achieve the camber fix you are looking for so the golf cart shop was partially right i.e. A worn out shock / spring wouldn't cause the cart to ride higher & a stock replacement wouldn't solve the problem.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
mozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:13 AM   #14
crs4040
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Getting different fixes for camber issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzer View Post
And, as just mentioned, your new shock/spring setup will have to be shorter & lower the front end to achieve the camber fix you are looking for so the golf cart shop was partially right i.e. A worn out shock / spring wouldn't cause the cart to ride higher & a stock replacement wouldn't solve the problem.

Having a tough time finding shorter set , my shocks are 11 5/8 , did find a set that are 10 3/4 those might do the trick but man there pretty pricy .

Old 04-20-2019, 10:13 AM   #15
mozzer
Not Yet Wild

Also make sure you check the camber with weight of a person or two on the cart so you have a realistic view.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:15 AM   #16
mozzer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Having a tough time finding shorter set , my shocks are 11 5/8 , did find a set that are 10 3/4 those might be do the trick but man there pretty pricy .

And you'd need to know the spring rate etc i.e. If they are a stiffer spring than stock the cart may sit at the same height with people on board as it currently does.

Old 04-21-2019, 12:01 AM   #17
freshdaymusic
Not Yet Wild

I am going to fix my issue by lowering my front 4” lift just slightly. Enough to fix the camber issue. It won’t be much. Because you don’t have a lift, I don’t think you can easily do this but you could just look at the top shock mounts on the front and fab a new bracket that will allow you to raise the shock mount height just enough to fix your camber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
freshdaymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:46 AM   #18
crs4040
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Getting different fixes for camber issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshdaymusic View Post
I am going to fix my issue by lowering my front 4” lift just slightly. Enough to fix the camber issue. It won’t be much. Because you don’t have a lift, I don’t think you can easily do this but you could just look at the top shock mounts on the front and fab a new bracket that will allow you to raise the shock mount height just enough to fix your camber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yea I looked at that , there is room on the bracket to drill new holes about a quarter inch lower but kinda nervous about drilling holes , and not having any luck finding shorter shocks the only shocks I can find that would work aren’t coil overs so not sure those would even work . And something I forgot to mention is I added a back seat over the winter but I also put on heavy duty rear shocks so that should of corrected and weight issues.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:31 AM   #19
wicked872
Getting Wild
Yamaha

First replace any worn steering parts, there should be no play in the tie rod ends, you said it changes between forward and reverse, if you have play in them that will change your toe in as the wheels go the different directions, also check for play where the lower control arms bolt to the frame, if so sometimes a metric bolt is just enough larger to take up the play.
wicked872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:32 AM   #20
trentofdestiny
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked872 View Post
First replace any worn steering parts, there should be no play in the tie rod ends, you said it changes between forward and reverse, if you have play in them that will change your toe in as the wheels go the different directions, also check for play where the lower control arms bolt to the frame, if so sometimes a metric bolt is just enough larger to take up the play.

I agree but, it's a Yamaha so the bolts should already be metric.

trentofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha