lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
jfbrink
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default MCOR Diagnosis Question (IQ/Regen cart)

Hello,

I am trying understand the interaction of the MCOR and the speed controller (a 1510A-5250 in my case), based on the factory diagnostic posted here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post120923

Step 2 states that, with the multimeter red probe on the #1 battery and the black probe on the purple(/white) wire, one should see +48V. So, this suggests to me that the controller is sending +48V down this wire. Am I correct to think this?

Step 3 states that, if you don't get +48V at this wire, replace the controller. Fine.

Step 4 states that, with pedal up, and the black probe on the #4 battery, and the red probe on the white wire, one should see +4.65V. So, this suggests to me that the MCOR is sending +4.65V to the controller. Am I correct to think this?

Step 5 states that, if you do not get +4.65V and the wiring is fine, then replace the controller. This doesn't makes sense to me. Why does this indicate that the controller is bad, when the voltage is coming from the MCOR?

Can anyone offer enlightenment on this question?

Thanks!

Jesse.
jfbrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car