lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
rrba11
Not Yet Wild

Default club car caroche just quit

Well, car quit on my son at the end of the summer, trying to figure out whats wrong with it! Batteries are good, sounds like all solenoids are kicking in, just quit moving. I don't know if the motors done for or if something else is wrong. where do I start?? I would like to know if the motor is still good. Any suggestions?
rrba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: club car caroche just quit

Problem is 30 yrs ago they stopped making this cart, so nobody knows how to work on it anymore..... you can check the motor for unwanted continuity but my bet is that's not the problem.... Check all cable connections with a twist and tug to see they are tight? Beyond that, I do not know that system well?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
rrba11
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scottyb, maybe someone will come along that can help. Was running fine, then just suddenly quit, like something came loose, but nothing is loose.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your sure batts and cables are ok than jack rear up and start with the left solenoid drivers side main........you may be hearing the speed noids clicking...........jump the large post on that solenoid and see if cart runs....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Double check the first solenoid ( DRIVERS SIDE ) because even if it clicks it could not be making contact? First jack up differential and put SOLID BLOCKS OR BETTER JACK STANDS and then block front wheels in both directions SOLID. One way is to change one of the other solenoid or to do Solenoid check is by using heavy cable and jump across both large posts on solenoid with throttle down some so second solenoid is engaged. If motor runs DO NOT ALLOW MOTOR TO RUN OVER A FEW SECONDS AS armature can be blown up and possibly hit you with parts.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
rrba11
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: club car caroche just quit

Thanks fellas, I'll try this and let you know
how it goes!!
Old 06-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
rrba11
Not Yet Wild

switched main solenoid with another one, still just clicking, no movement. what can I try now? Lookin like it might be the motor gone bad, maybe?
Old 06-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
rrba11
Not Yet Wild

checked volts on black wire coming from coil to motor, had 36 volts when depressing pedal, was checking that, and I burnt the main solenoid up, no more clicks, got real hot.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you might want to start in the box on the frame where the micro swithes and slider board are housed follow the small wires from solenoids backwards toward front of cart easier to take box out if you take out the #5 battery front outside left battery...............make sure all micros are ok and slider is good, check for broken or burnt wires while your in there.......if alls ok than you go to solenoids, before you do anything take main pos and neg battery cable off and tape up ends so in case ends hit something, i always found duct tape real good to work with i kept 5 rolls around, some of my tools were wrapped in D.T. in case it came into contact with metel or battery cable......you hook up power when you need it and unhook it while your working on something, my very 1st elec. cart i caught on fire..................lol.............yes i did but i got it out and only damaged the battery cables and some smaller wires, i got real lucky and i developed a real respect when working on an elec cart..............when your testing or working on cart if you don,t need power you kill it until you do, check your F&R any fuse that might e in the system......the motor should be the very last thing that would go in most cases.........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #10
rrba11
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, shadowman! I already have learned to respect the volts, I usually unhook them while working on it. I quess I need to seek professional help before I burn out another solenoid or worse, just like to know whats goin on with it before I take it, last time the volts wasn't the only thing tryin to burn me if you know what I mean.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car