lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2010, 11:09 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Replaced OBC, Charger is good, good cables, Specific gravity is off the charts, b

Woops!
See below ..........
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2010, 11:09 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Replaced OBC, Charger is good, good cables, Specific gravity is off the charts, b

Watch those decimal points .... battery at 8.30 is close to 80%. Battery at 8.03 is 50%

Thanks for the info Scuba.
Cheapjeep, You have to allow for about 5% variable from one meter to another when determining these type of things...
Old 07-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #23
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

yes, it is was 8.3 NOT 8.03 but still weaker than the rest.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
yes, it is was 8.3 NOT 8.03 but still weaker than the rest.
IF you were to let the pack settle for 12 hours after a charge, you would see a SG difference in this battery than the others... You can try to charge this battery way up with a 12v charger under carefully controlled and monitored conditions. It may hold. Otherwise if SG readings are 20% different from cell to cell there is potentially a problem....... GL
Old 07-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #25
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

volts so far after about 3 hours...

pack at 55.7 ammeter at 9 amps

1 - 8.8
2 - 9.5
3 - 9.3
4 - 9.4
5 - 9.1
6 - 9.5

Thing I noticed is the volts of the pack has stopped climbing and isn't going above 55.7 to 55.9
Old 07-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #26
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It's a battery issue.. 55 volts isn't enough to make it turn off. Check the on-charge voltage of each battery separately when the ammeter is at 5 or below.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #27
gadavis
Gone Wild

I just went through this same scenario with a 95 DS cart. I had all the symptoms you have described and finally put in batteries to cure the problem. If you can get a dealer type load test performed on them it should point out the bad battery in the pack. Gene Davis
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #28
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Replaced the two suspect batteries and things are looking better but I am not 100% concluded on this, I have further testing to do. I needed to let the batteries settle so I drove it for 4 miles last night and left it off of the charger, for 24 hours, will drive a bit more and then put on the charger for the final test.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #29
gadavis
Gone Wild

I had to replace the whole set of batteries to ever get it charging correctly on the one I was dealing with. Gene
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #30
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well guys, I am happy to report that after all this, it was indeed the two batteries that were bad, I tried to convince the owner to get a full set, but money speaks.

Thanks again for great help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car