lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2010, 11:40 AM   #21
redbeep
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lester-Matic 36V charger needle in green

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Ok but there is NO cart that runs on 40 volts that I know of, so there is no savings
I have yet another question... The Lester charger has a toggle switch to set the amount of time you want to charge the batteries...after that amount of time, the charger shuts off. If I set the charger to, let's say 12 hours, and the batteries only needed 8 or 9 hours of charge, will the charger continue to charge until it reaches the timer setting or will it automatically shut off before it fries the batteries? The charger has 2 - 30amp fuses.
redbeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2010, 11:43 AM   #22
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Go back 1 post Paul for your answer.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #23
redbeep
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Go back 1 post Paul for your answer.
Got it! Maybe need to do some voltage checks... Thanx again!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #24
rib33024

R B like gornoman said you need to remove those batteries and install 6--6 volt 36 volts of batteries for this cart to work right---NOT 40 volts--

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:08 PM   #25
redbeep
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
R B like gornoman said you need to remove those batteries and install 6--6 volt 36 volts of batteries for this cart to work right---NOT 40 volts--

I agree - Will start looking for some 6 volt batteries. Thanx!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #26
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

REDBEEP-- #1 Purchase all new correct 6 volt cart batterys and be able to use existing old style resistor system and charger?
#2 As an alternative to what you have now is to retain your 5- 8 volt batterys, PLUS ADD ONE MORE 8 volter to make 48 volts and throw away your speed control, solenoids and resistor board, and 4 guage wiring? Then replace speed control with a Curtis PB-6, Alltrax solid state controller, 6 guage wiring, 48 volt solenoid, charger ( 48 volt or multi voltage unit ) and retain your 36 volt motor and you will have a more modern powered 1985 cart?? All thats required is lots of money?
#3 Sell existing cart or return it and get a later model 48 volt cart with all correct batterys and controls and start enjoying carting life.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #27
redbeep
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
REDBEEP-- #1 Purchase all new correct 6 volt cart batterys and be able to use existing old style resistor system and charger?
#2 As an alternative to what you have now is to retain your 5- 8 volt batterys, PLUS ADD ONE MORE 8 volter to make 48 volts and throw away your speed control, solenoids and resistor board, and 4 guage wiring? Then replace speed control with a Curtis PB-6, Alltrax solid state controller, 6 guage wiring, 48 volt solenoid, charger ( 48 volt or multi voltage unit ) and retain your 36 volt motor and you will have a more modern powered 1985 cart?? All thats required is lots of money?
#3 Sell existing cart or return it and get a later model 48 volt cart with all correct batterys and controls and start enjoying carting life.
Old Mec - Appreciate all of your advice, tips and help along this bizarre journey.
#1 or #3 seem to me to be the best alternatives... not that I do not appreciate your recommendations of the parts I would need for #2! Man, sounds like you really know these carts com'in an go'in! Thanx so much for the input. I will have to take a hard look at #1, as I primarily use the cart to tote metal plate and pieces/parts to my studio for sculpture work. If you get a chance, take a look at some of my work:
http://www.absolutearts.com/metalforms/ Thank You again. Best to You - Paul
Old 07-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #28
rib33024

Paul you build that stuff -Damm man you got some mad skills, Thats some really nice work---

Can't wait to see how your cart is going to look like-

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeep View Post
Old Mec - Appreciate all of your advice, tips and help along this bizarre journey.
#1 or #3 seem to me to be the best alternatives... not that I do not appreciate your recommendations of the parts I would need for #2! Man, sounds like you really know these carts com'in an go'in! Thanx so much for the input. I will have to take a hard look at #1, as I primarily use the cart to tote metal plate and pieces/parts to my studio for sculpture work. If you get a chance, take a look at some of my work:
http://www.absolutearts.com/metalforms/ Thank You again. Best to You - Paul
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #29
redbeep
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Paul you build that stuff -Damm man you got some mad skills, Thats some really nice work---

Can't wait to see how your cart is going to look-
Thanx man - Appreciate the compliments. Yea, have no problem with my metal work... it's just the electrical side of issues that seem to evade me. I do plan to make some mods - just want to make sure the cart will keep running. Thank you for all of your help.. I have certainly learned a lot today about these carts. Totally respect all of you - and Thank you for answering all of my questions (not that there won't be more, I'm sure of that).
Old 07-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #30
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Paul you are a great artist and yes your cart should be a extension of your fine work. Private message sent.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36volts, charger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car