lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
DAV05
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help reading test

First off thanks for the help you all give us non electricians! Got a 2005 cc precedent with 4 12v 2008 batteries. I fully charged the cart yesterday evening, charger completed and I pulled the plug out this morning. Took some readings but not sure if I did it right. Used a voltage meter set on DV 200 starting with the front battery on the passanger side. Just to be clear of my steps I put the black neg voltage cord on the neg battery and the positive to the pos of the same battery i then followed the sequence of how the batteries are cabled together.
batt 1-12.6
batt 2- 12.3
batt 3- 12.7
batt 4 - 12.6
Now this is what I am not sure is how to get a total reading but I did put the volt pos on battery 1 and the volt neg on battery 4 and it shows 24.9
According to the chart my individual readings are ok just wondering about if I did the entire voltage correct?
Having no issues other than torque up hills but really just want to get an idea of how these batteries are doing...
Thanks in advance for any advice
DAV05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help reading test

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV05 View Post
First off thanks for the help you all give us non electricians! Got a 2005 cc precedent with 4 12v 2008 batteries. I fully charged the cart yesterday evening, charger completed and I pulled the plug out this morning. Took some readings but not sure if I did it right. Used a voltage meter set on DV 200 starting with the front battery on the passanger side. Just to be clear of my steps I put the black neg voltage cord on the neg battery and the positive to the pos of the same battery i then followed the sequence of how the batteries are cabled together.
batt 1-12.6
batt 2- 12.3
batt 3- 12.7
batt 4 - 12.6
Now this is what I am not sure is how to get a total reading but I did put the volt pos on battery 1 and the volt neg on battery 4 and it shows 24.9
According to the chart my individual readings are ok just wondering about if I did the entire voltage correct?
Having no issues other than torque up hills but really just want to get an idea of how these batteries are doing...
Thanks in advance for any advice
Sounds like your battery 4 and 1 are not on the end of the series. Follow your cables and hook your neg meter lead to the battery whose neg terminal doesn't go to another battery, then follow your connections until you get to the pos terminal that isn't connected to another battery. This should give you your total voltage. That being said, looks like you have a battery starting to go bad. 12.3 is low and will probably not last for much longer. Are you noticing any slowdown while driving?
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Follow what this picture shows as to where to test for PACK Voltage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery Test.jpg (120.7 KB, 15 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
DAV05
Not Yet Wild

You guys are awesome. I was thinking number 1 was the front passanger when actually it is the front driver. I put the pos meter lead on 1 and the neg meter lead on 4 and get a 49.9 - 49.8 (goes back and forth) so I assume I am good with the batteries for a while. I see the one is a bit lower than the rest but things look good.
Thanks again for the help you guys!
DAV05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
rib33024

Here's the chart thats 80%

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car