lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
lizardman
Not Yet Wild

Default Buying a Club Car-what to look for

I asked a similar question over in the EZ-GO forum, but thought I had better ask CC folks about CC ?s

So, here I go asking "the" noob stupid questions!

A little background:
I have been around GCs for years, but have not had one until just recently. I had a 93 EZ Marathon given to me by the in-laws. I will tinker with this a bit to get it in better condition, but I hope to sell or trade it in on a newer model in by year eand or tax return time. This is where I dont really know what I want.

What I want:
Basically, I know I want electric since I already have a Kawasaki Mule. I would like something 2006+/- and newer. I really dont know whether I want EZ-Go or Club Car. I would like a lifted cart with a heavy duty controller to handle the hills and trails I have on my property. The cart will be just used for cruising the neighborhood and the trails with moderate hills. I want to have a back seat but not for hauling anything other than people. A little speed would be nice, but a good mix of speed/torque would be best.

Now, the real question(s):
-Any real reason to choose CC over EZ?
-Do I want 36v or 48v?
-Model - DS or Precedent?
-What model drive sytem? PDS, Sepex, or other type?
-Anything to look out for when buying to make sure I am getting what I am expecting?

Thanks,
Rod
lizardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Buying a Club Car-what to look for

I am partial to and like Club Car for many minor reasons but one main reason is they are the only golf cart made with aluminum frame. This helps extend life of cart by eliminating rust problems. NOTE if you dont take care of batterys correctly you will not ruin aluminum frame as fast as steel frames. You would definetly want 48 volt pack and I prefer series motors over much more complex and expensive to repair Regen-IQ-Sepex type controls. My personal choice is the tried and trued DS models against the newer all redesigned Precedent? I may be old fashioned but a proven model is my choice everytime.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Gotta agree with Oldmec, the clubcar is my preference too, I like the aluminum frame. Also the DS model is definately tried and true.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

Everything above is true. I prefer the CC and have owned both. I recently sold an IQ CC and currently own a Series CC. I didn't find expensive issues in repairing one over the other. They can both get out of hand with upgrades because the sky is the limit. I wouldn't get a 36v cart of any make.
dtkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
lizardman
Not Yet Wild

I dont have any reference in front of me right now(well, except for research on the www and I am lazy), but is the DS still made? If not, when did they stop? Well, at least answer in relation to the fact that I am not buying new anyway, but one 2006+/- in the age range.

So, the DS with Series motor, 48v, and HD controller would be a good ride for me?! Then, I can make it as nice or plain as I want.

These are answers I can really use, and I appreciate the time and info.

Rod
lizardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car