lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HD F/R switch

Sounds nice!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #12
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nothing really fancy, Plain white steel rims, The new body front kinda looks like the chevy HHR. But I do like the bright Orange. Eventually it`ll get a new dash and a few other nicities. Working on a VERY limited budget. Thats why I was so upset over the stripped F/R stud!! Will try to get some pics when I can.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:11 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

PM TDawg and see where you can get 1 stud?
Old 08-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #14
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Went a CC Dealer today (Century Golf Cart in Columbus)) to see if they had the stud. Said they don`t and can`t order one as it wasn`t listed separtaratly in the parts manual. Said I had to buy the whole F/R switch. So still looking.

CartTrader
Old 08-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Do you have enough threads to stack a few washers over the cable end to get away from the stripped threads and still bolt on?
Old 08-30-2010, 12:46 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Do want a stud out of an old switch? I got a junker ....
Old 08-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #17
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Do you have enough threads to stack a few washers over the cable end to get away from the stripped threads and still bolt on?
Uh NOPE!! that was the problem to start with. There wasn`t enough threads left on the stud to get a good grip with the nut with the new copper bar just under 1/8" and the new thicker cable lug there just wasn`t room for the lock washer and then the nut. Only had about 3 threads to tighten down on. Only 1 showing when I started the nut hoping I would get more as the lock washer closed. But only managed to get 3 threads before it stripped. I put it back without the lock washer and hope for the best!!

Appreciate the offer of the replacement stud. I just went and took the stud out of the old one and put it in the new one. It wasn`t pitted or look very worn at all, just a bit dirty. Hardest thing was getting the spring compressed enough to get the roll pin back in on the new one. Finally made a small jig out of wood with a bolt in the center and a c clamp on each end to push the wiper arm bolt in far enough. Had to take it back apart as I didn`t think enough about where the shift handle would land and had it almost upside down in forward. The old one had a split ring holding everything in place. All I would of had to do was push it back on with a socket. I`ll do that later.

CartTrader
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car