lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default IQ charger delete

My charger has been acting up lately. It was throwing the circuit breaker in the electric panel, so I checked it out and found the diodes were bad. Fixed that and seemed to be working again.

Now the reset is tripping after a few minutes of charge, and the reset is hardly a year old. I havn't had a chance to trouble shoot yet but I don't want to put much more in this charger.

If this one is gone I'm contemplating going with a normal or onboard charger and ignoring the obc.
Has anyone done this on an IQ cart?

Thanks
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: IQ charger delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim C View Post
My charger has been acting up lately. It was throwing the circuit breaker in the electric panel, so I checked it out and found the diodes were bad. Fixed that and seemed to be working again.

Now the reset is tripping after a few minutes of charge, and the reset is hardly a year old. I havn't had a chance to trouble shoot yet but I don't want to put much more in this charger.

If this one is gone I'm contemplating going with a normal or onboard charger and ignoring the obc.
Has anyone done this on an IQ cart?

Thanks
You have one of the best chargers built and along with OBC gives the best care and life from your carts batterys. I know when you have more than one problem it make you want to throw it away and go simple but I feel you need to repair and keep your CC charger.
You may have damaged your reset ( is this the one on front of Charger? ) by the diode being bad? Go to Lester Electrical site and use their test sheet to confirm what is happening ( besides parts can be defective ) and solve your problem.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ya, I'm gonna trouble shoot it first. I'm just look'n ahead at the same time.
When I first got the cart I had a real bout with the obc and that was with a CC mechanic working on it.

So for that sake I've considered changing the charge system.

Anyone else done it?
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

I see you are in Wildwood, Im in the villages would you like me to look at it?
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car