lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Lifted
Gone Wild

Default Battery Indicator

On my 1988 electric DS cart, the battery indicator is either wrong or there is something wrong. I plug it in the charge and it'll go to full, but once I unplug it, the indicator drops to the yellow/green dividing line. Its got plenty of power, slow up hills (as it should, I'm 225lbs and only a 36v), but other than that, I cant really tell if its full charged or not.

FWIW, once in a while the battery indicator wont work at all, so could it just be a connection or could there be something wrong with the batteries? 4 of 6 batteries are marked jun 03 and the other 2 are much newer.

Any help is appreciated.
Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
Lifted
Gone Wild

Default Re: Battery Indicator

Ugh. Nevermind. I went out and checked it (then had 5 people ride on it at once). Its fine, just doesnt seem to indicate exactly everytime.

Sorry to bother.
Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Indicator

Every battery indicator needs to be calibrated against a DC voltmeter to be useful. Typically they read full until finally the budge and then very soon after they need recharging.... long before the meter says so.
Your best bet is to get a digital volt meter and print out the state of charge chart from the stickies and compare the meter to the voltmeter and to the chart to see just what those silly red & green lights mean
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car