lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
sajohns
Not Yet Wild

Default Seriously?? Where do I connect radio and lights

Holy cow Where in the world do I connect my stereo and lights!! Trying to attach pic from phone but can't figure it out. I think I have a 2006 precedent but not sure.
sajohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Seriously?? Where do I connect radio and lights

This question has a dozen answers and you may want to
do a search. Get the numbers off the cart and we can
tell what it is.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

If it's a precedent, you probably have a blue wire with a spade terminal on it dangling off the positive post on the 4th battery (assuming you have 4 12v batteries). That's the lead for the standard precedent light kit which should come with instructions and a harness to support that connection. Or some install a 48v to 12v converter and wire all 12v accessories to the converter. And then some add an extra 12v battery that is separate from the cart's battery pack and use that just to run accessories.

With a converter, you should probably install a switch so you can turn it off when not in use. That seems to help keep from burning the cart and anything around it to the ground. But what that also does is cut the 12v power to your radio so it will lose anything it has stored in memory, unless you wire around that.

With an extra battery, you can wire accessories to it using fused lines or a fuse block but you'll eventually have to charge that battery up separately and remember to do so.

If you wire everything to the 12v source on the cart, you have 1 battery out of the pack powering your accessories which is going to wear on that battery more which is going to then wear on the pack more.

So, there's not just one easy solution. You have to weigh and figure out which is the best option for you. I was going to use a converter but decided I didn't want to have to remember to turn it on and off and then have to wire my radio's memory power lead elsewhere, so I changed my mind.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
sajohns
Not Yet Wild

Can somebody tell me how to get a pic from my I-phone? I can show y'all wut I'm dealing with. I do have one spade coming one of the batteries. And I didn't clarify abot the lights. I have headlights and tail lights but want to add neons under cart. I also have two spare spades off the front lights but no juice on them. Tried with key on and lights on still no juice. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

technology sucks don't it?!
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Best thing to do is to install a photobucket app or something on your iphone and upload your pix to an album. Then login to the album on your computer and paste the IMG code in your post here to link to the pix you want. Aren't those extra connectors in the light harness for a horn, etc. option? Are you using the light kit that is specific to the precedent with the supplied harness? If you tap into that to run a radio and/or even more lights, you will probably kill your 4th battery and, eventually, your entire battery pack.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajohns View Post
Can somebody tell me how to get a pic from my I-phone? I can show y'all wut I'm dealing with. I do have one spade coming one of the batteries. And I didn't clarify abot the lights. I have headlights and tail lights but want to add neons under cart. I also have two spare spades off the front lights but no juice on them. Tried with key on and lights on still no juice. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Send that pic on your phone to your computer, and then up load it to BGW from your computer-
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #8
sajohns
Not Yet Wild

This is why i'm confused!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (50.9 KB, 61 views)
Old 10-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #9
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Fair enough - doesn't look unusual. The blue wire appears to be wired into your lighting harness. Which means, if you want, that same hot wire can be found behind the dash with an accompanying black wire for ground to give you a 12v source. You could even wire to your switch for your neons maybe. Just keep in mind the more you wire to that battery, the quicker you are going to wear it out.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #10
sajohns
Not Yet Wild

Is that thing with the fins on it a converter? Or part of the motor controller to help keep it cool?

Tags
radio, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car