lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
cklewis11
Not Yet Wild

Default Power Drive2 Charger Cycling

2005 Ds Club car. 48v. After using cart, i'll plug it in to a PowerDrive 2 charger mod. 22110. It kicks on and after a few seconds cycles off and back on for a minute or two. and continues this cycle after several hours. It just started this. Batteries are 1 yr old, good water level and clean. After searching the forum, I followed the charger trouble shooting document and the relay checked out OK. The rectifier voltages were different from the manual however. Supposed to be 878, 483 and 483MV. My readings were 794, 432 and 432. Is this enough to say the rectifier is bad? I tested the coils and plug etc. All else seems to say OK. Itried resetting the controller, but my reverse horn didn't sound. Sorry for being so length here, but thought it might help.
Look forward to any advice.
cklewis11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Power Drive2 Charger Cycling

What OBC is on the car? Cream color or Grey? The Grey OBC cycles over and over again throughout the charge cycle. Is it possible that it's been doing it the whole time and just now noticed it? Also, the rectifier may be on it's way out... but it's not gonna cause the charger to power down and power up over and over again. That would be a relay or a circuit breaker if it was charger related at all.... I'm guessing that since you've got an 05 it's got the grey OBC... perfectly normal.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #3
cklewis11
Not Yet Wild

Hey Dawg,
Thanks for the quick response. I went out and looked and the controller is the "Cream " colored one. It's a 05 refurbished cart, so who knows what the box is. I don't think it has been doing this, but not a 100% sure. The crazy thing now is, it's charging away and not cycling. I hope it shuts off.I went back just now and checked voltage. Ea. battery 10.4vdc and across all is 64.2VDC. I unplugged it for now. Is that normal while charging? Confused
Thanks Again.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

If you're at 64.2VDC across the whole pack I'd say you made a smart move by unplugging it... The charger is supposed to turn off at 58.3 You're boiling man... That OBC isn't telling the charger to turn off. Replace it.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
cklewis11
Not Yet Wild

Hey Dawg,
Thanks again for the quick response. Across the batteries is now measuring 55.8 VDC, with the charger unplugged. The previous reading was with charger plugged in and charging. Can you tell me how or what is the best OBC to get. The one in there is probably older than 05. I noticed that it had 3 extra wires clipped off and snubbed. I assume that it had a plug or something there from looking at some other type of OBC's on the internet.
I really appreciate your help with my problem. It's people like you that make these forum's and us noobie's life a little easier.
Thanks again
Old 10-04-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

No problem. I'm guessing this is an IQ car. Does it have a tow/run switch? If so, the OBC you are looking for is a 103359401. If you can't find this model... either the 101909902 or the AM1229201 will work fine. The first one I listed is basically the same as the others, just has a little bit newer software in it. The second two are actually the same as each other, part number was changed a few years back so I just listed both. Hope this helps.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
cklewis11
Not Yet Wild

Hey Tahoe,
You are to quick. The cart is not and IQ. It was converted a couple of years ago, with a high speed motor controller to series.. The configuratuion they installed took the Tow/run sw. out. So, are the Part nos. stil the same? Only numbers I can find on the existing controller are, Lester , LEO 445684165, ver 1.35S.
Please help one more time.
Thanks Again,
Charlie from The Villages, FL
P.S. I found a number. 101909902 There are 3 wires snubbed off coming out of the controller, I'm assuming there was some short of plug.
I used the cart this morning for a round of golf. Plugged it in, started cycling and has been for about 4 hoursd now. I'm having trouble locating a OBC around here and on the net. I found one local and they want 360.00. Any suggestions?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car