lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default New Brake Light Switch Not Working

Purchased a brake light switch from Ebay for my CC 08. The one with the 30 sec timer after pb is pressed. Installed the kit wich includes the switch, circuit breaker and timer. Very straight forward. Bypassed the switch made a straight connection to see if brake lights light up and still nothing. Also checked out with the ignition turned on and nothing. The kit basically connects to the black-white stripe, red and brown wire under passenger side floor mat. Noticed that other similar kits plug into 9 pin harness under dash with a harness adapter. This one does not require that. Does a turn signal/horn, etc. need to be plugged into that 9 pin wire harness under the dash (to complete the circuit) for this brake kit to work? or should it work by just connecting to those 3 wires (you know black white strips, brown and red) as instructions illustrate?

thx
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Brake Light Switch Not Working

Just called CC and they had the answer. For those of you who purchase a brake light switch with the 30 sec timer for parking brake (brake lights light up brighter when brakes are pressed), you need to have a 4 prong 48V power relay(depending on what cart you have. 48 or 36V) in order for that light switch to work. In the CC Precedent that PR goes directly behind the dash next to the push/pull light switch. That PR should come with the deluxe and ultimate lights kits. I have an original CC light kit that I ordered from ebay and did not include that power relay. The 2-blue 1-orange 1-green wires that come out of the 12pin connector wires connect directly to that power relay. In case someone comes across the same problem I did.

Later!
Old 10-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

OK, installed the power relay (behind dash)I needed for the rear brakes to turn on when pedal is pressed. Nothing is happening. The brake switch (under the floor panel) seems like its working cause I can hear a "click" in the timer box when pedal is pressed and then another kick after 30 seconds when parking brake is pressed. This will turn off the rear brakes 30 seconds after parking brake is applies. The reason i believe that the brake switch is ok is because after disconnecting the switch or ciruit breaker, no "click" after brake is pressed. When I reconnect, I get the click. Ive got the 3 wire brake lights in the back. Just dont know whats up? Ran out of things to check. Anymore suggestions?
Old 06-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I too just purchased the same kit and I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever get this fixed?
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

do you have a flaser installed in the circuit..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Not unless it was there before. The cart has the light kit, but no flashers (that I know of) and no turn signals. I've read a couple of posts that suggest you have to have a 48v power relay in the dash, but I'm not sure where that goes either.
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i think but i,m not certain even though no turn signals you need a flasher...................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car