lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #11
gwormald
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Pro charging sytems

Ok. I've now got the charger working. The cart will not go forward or backward. I assume it has something to do with the computer. I looked at the obc by pass diagram you sent. It looks like the grey wire gets disconnected from the receptacle altogether. Is this correct?
gwormald is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #12
gwormald
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Also one more question. When all this is done does the obc need to be reset?
Old 02-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #13
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would reset OBC after making all connections IF you are leaving it wired into system otherwise? Your OBC should be out of the charging function by removing gray wire from receptical BUT OBC needs to be connected with negative cable through the center so solenoid can close, Or remove OBC completly and ground minus side of solenoid if I remember circuits correctly?
ONE NOTE I HOPE YOU HAVE DISCONNECTED NEGATIVE PACK CABLE "AFTER TURNING TOW-RUN SWITCH TO TOW" WHILE DOING ALL THIS WORK or you could be damaging the controller and circuits while doing wiring?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #14
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

doh! my bad... my modified diagram neglects to mention the connections to the solenoid if removing the OBC. the OBC has a lockout function that disables the cart from moving while charging.* whatever wire went from the OBC to the solenoid should be replaced with appropriate jumper. i do believe OLD MEC is correct about grounding the neg side, but i can't be for certain without studying the schematic or walking outside with my meter.

*care should be taken to avoid driving the cart while connected to the charger as the safety lockout will no longer exist. ie: attempting to drive you cart with beer goggles on may result in embarrassment and/or a broken charger.
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #15
gwormald
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for all the help. After doing some wire tracing I found the culprit...loose wire on the forward reverse switch. I just put in a fresh set of batteries and the cart is running like a champ.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #16
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwormald View Post
Thanks for all the help. After doing some wire tracing I found the culprit...loose wire on the forward reverse switch. I just put in a fresh set of batteries and the cart is running like a champ.
werd!

so, specifically, which charger model did you get? price?

for reference, did you completely remove the OBC? did you make any changes to the solenoid wiring? cheers!
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car