lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
bgbryanjr1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS 97 going uphill belt slipping?

Thanks DOOmsman and Gleemo. I will get the testers. DOOmsman, how do I check to see if a hub is slipping?
bgbryanjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #12
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

IF , and olly If Batteries check good .
Pull it up aginst a stationary device . Garage wall .
Apply gradual increase in throttle !
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #13
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbryanjr1 View Post
thanks doomsman and gleemo. I will get the testers. Doomsman, how do i check to see if a hub is slipping?
have some one drive it and you watch the center hub to see if it is spinning
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #14
SV1
Getting Wild

Bump
SV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #15
bgbryanjr1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Going to get testers and check batteries. Talk back tonight with results.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #16
bgbryanjr1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OK, here's what I came up with. After a full charge and I topped of the batteries (only 1 was low) I gave them a rest for an hour and a half. I tested them and all 6 tested 8.70, 8.60, 8.66, 8.66, 8.60 and 8.62. Then a put the negative on first batt and positive on last and got 51.7. I checked each battery with negative cable off the battery. Then I tested the gravity and the first 3 were all on the high side of good. The 4th batt read good, good, fair, fair on the 4 cells. #5 was high side good but the 6th battery was bad, fair, good, good. Pretty sure I need 2 batteries. I ran it for about 20 minutes solid and it started the problemn again. It feels like a vibration like going over reflectors on a road surface but only happens going up a steep hill. I can stop and ease on the accelerator and ease on fine. If I give it juice it starts the vibration again. What do you guys think. Oh, I drove up to a tree on full charge and hit the accelerator and nothing happened. Need help, am I just having a battery problem??? Thanks for the help guys
Old 02-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #17
HGC2010
Gone Wild

When you put it up against the tree, it did not spin the tires or nothing? Did you do this while the batteries had a good charge on them? I would think that when you got it against the tree it should of at least tried to make love to the tree! Did you feel it push against them, slip, or anything?

I had a cart that when the batteries where fully charged it would run fine for about 15 min and then go to viberating like you have mentioned. I took the seat off and was driving it around on a full charge and then smoke starting coming out of two batteries.

Changed batteries and cured the problem

Not saying that is your problem but shows signs of it.
HGC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #18
bgbryanjr1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ya I pulled up to a tree and eased on the accelerator and nothing. It snugged up and did nothing. Only took 15 or 20 minutes of riding to start the vibrating deal. I guess my first move is 2 batteries. If that fixes it I'll be posting on here for advise on a more powerful motor. The hills eat that thing up. Thanks for you help!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #19
bgbryanjr1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Bump
Old 02-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #20
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbryanjr1 View Post
Ya I pulled up to a tree and eased on the accelerator and nothing. It snugged up and did nothing. Only took 15 or 20 minutes of riding to start the vibrating deal. I guess my first move is 2 batteries. If that fixes it I'll be posting on here for advise on a more powerful motor. The hills eat that thing up. Thanks for you help!
What happens when U replace only part of the batteries , the old ones will cause the newer ones to be drug down to their level, BAD Idea ,
If nothing else after U have determined which batteries are bad replace those with used ones from a reputable dealer (CC dealer) or replace all.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car